|Listed on:||24th June|
|Salary/Rate:||£55,000 - £55,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior App Engineer - React Native
Up to £55,000 DOE
About The Organisation:
As the UK's largest independent producer of organic veg boxes, you can imagine that our client is no ordinary e-commerce company. They deliver to more than 80,000 households every week, and run 2 farms, 2 pack houses, a butchery, a vegetable wholesaler and a restaurant! Every part of their company is enabled through technology, from the PDAs out on the fields, to their website, picking lines and mobile apps. They are extraordinarily passionate about their products, the ethics they demand of themselves in their supply, and the attention to detail they take in their delivery.
Our client's high expectations are rewarded by getting to be part of a fantastic business with amazing benefits. They are based in some of the most beautiful countryside in the world, in a modern solar-powered office with all the best start-up trimmings: good coffee, organic home-cooked breakfasts and lunches, top-end hardware and obviously an arcade machine. They are employee owned, and all co-owners share their profits, because they believe everyone should succeed together.
What our client expects from a Senior App Engineer:
As a Senior App Engineer and co-owner, you will be a key member of our client's team, leading the development of both customer-facing and back office apps. Currently they have two React Native apps. One is publicly available for customers in both the Apple and Google app stores. The second is used in the warehouse for stock control. Apps play an important part in the future plans, in everything from logistics, to face-to-face sales, to enabling customers to discover and cook new recipes.
You will take a considered approach to development and be responsible for software excellence. You will consider testing at all stages of the development lifecycle and work with test professionals to automate testing wherever possible. Our client takes security seriously and their public apps are penetration tested every year by a 3rd party.
Our client expects candidates to be confident in analysing requirements, talking to users and stakeholders to understand what they need, and to take cost/benefit into consideration when making decisions.
They expect that you will have a good understanding of computer science fundamentals - and can identify when prior work has already been done on a problem. You will be capable of debugging and correcting defects, as well as testing to ensure defects are less likely.
Our client works in an agile manner, releasing often, so good continuous integration practices and automated testing is a must.
You should feel comfortable working with and mentoring others, and improving quality through considerate, respectful code review.
Either on-site or remote working are equally valid for this role, however you need to be a UK resident. Remote working will require a minimum of 5 days on-site in Devon every two months once the coronavirus lockdowns have ended. The time on-site would correspond with other remote workers so that our client can spend the time building the team as well as the software.
For those who would wish to relocate closer to the offices in South Devon, a relocation package is available.
Skills and experience:
- Expert understanding of React Native, its library ecosystem and tooling
- You'll be very capable of solving problems and communicating them to both technical and non-technical people
- You have a good amount of experience in commercial software development working as part of a team
- Experience of using tools and services to capture performance metrics, crash reports and errors to diagnose issues on customers' devices in the field
- You will have a history of delivering architectural decisions on the projects you have worked on and will be comfortable describing the real business value behind those decisions
- Computer science fundamentals, data structures, time and space complexity
- Automated testing experience. Our client automates integration, acceptance and unit tests. They use selenium and appium to test their UIs
- Version control experience, they use git and GitLab
Optional but desirable:
- Expo development experience
- Node.js development experience
- You have consumed GraphQL APIs in your applications in the past
- Any prior work in API development
- Experience with AWS
- Clojure experience is highly desirable
- Familiarity with SQL Databases
What you get:
Our client rewards their staff over and above the norm. They offer a working environment unlike any other and they are constantly improving. That said, here are the usual suspects:
- Matched contributory pension
- Life assurance
- 33 days' holiday including bank holidays
- 25% off all the stunning ethical organic food and local partners
- Heavily subsidised, home-cooked organic breakfast and lunch
- 10% of gross profits are shared with the co-owners (tax free)
- Free grade-out organic fruit and veg
- Amazing organic coffee selections; morning espresso to stay-late cafetières
- BIG summer and winter parties, along with all year get-togethers
- Multiple screens and any software you need
- 10% training time and £1,000 training contribution each year
- Flexible working options
This is a permanent contract, 40 hours a week. Either based in Buckfastleigh, Devon or remotely with a minimum of 5 days required on-site in Buckfastleigh every two months.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Senior App Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Senior App Developer, Application Developer, Application Engineer, Application Programmer, React Native Developer, Native App Developer, React Native Programmer, or React Native Engineer.