|Listed on:||23rd June|
|Salary/Rate:||£35,000 - £40,000|
Senior Technical Support Engineer
About The Organisation
Our client is an IT services company with a difference. They have an irrefutable track record of implementing, managing and supporting business-changing IT solutions.
In conjunction with their digital innovation division, they deliver next generation automated IT services that are designed to disrupt the market in terms of speed, performance and cost.
They're the go-to guys for user-centric IT. From strategy, to infrastructure build and ongoing support, they give customers access to the latest technologies to enable their businesses to operate at their best.
Our client is currently looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to join their team in Birmingham.
- Salary of £35,000 - £40,000 pa, dependant on experience
- Company phone scheme
- An additional day of annual leave on your birthday
This is the ideal opportunity for a senior level technical support engineer with great MS Configuration Manager experience to develop their career with our client's exceptional organisation.
You'll be able to build on your strong technical background and obtain practical experience of innovative IT solutions and services whilst working with a high profile customers.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will be tasked with delivering key elements of a managed support service for a high profile client.
Specifically, you will provide vital support across all day-to-day areas of the client's IT estate. This will include managing desktop and laptop OS builds, updating builds with security patches, managing software deployments as well as updates and reporting on the IT estate, issues and vulnerabilities.
You will also:
- Ensure testing, packaging and deployment processes are followed for updates
- Act as the first escalation point for the support team
- Assist with 2nd line deskside technical support
- Visit other sites throughout the UK to resolve technical issues
- Provide onsite network support and troubleshooting
- Regular reporting on the customer estate
- The creation and maintenance of high quality documentation
- Configuration and management
- Research and recommend new tech
To be considered as a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will need excellent experience of Microsoft Configuration Manager giving you the ability to:
- Create zero touch bare metal builds
- Deploy applications and updates
- Manage Configuration Manager and deploy new features
- Configure devices under Co-Management
You will also need:
- Proven experience with Intune
- Excellent knowledge of application packaging and distribution
- An excellent understanding of Microsoft Windows 7 and 10 desktop operating systems
- A good understanding and experience of managing Microsoft Active Directory, with knowledge of Group Policy Changes
- A good understanding of Microsoft Server operating systems
- An excellent understanding and appreciation of application and OS deployment mechanisms
- Excellent customer services skills and attention to detail
Knowledge of Cloud storage solutions such as box.com would be an advantage, as would experience within an Agile working environment. An MCITP qualification in Windows 7/10 Desktop Administration would also be beneficial, as would experience with Mac OS and iOS devices.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Support Engineer, Infrastructure Support Engineer, Senior Desktop Engineer, or IT Estate Support Engineer.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Senior Technical Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Contact Name: Sarah Cann
Job ID: 2834384