Principal Mechanical Engineer M&E Construction Manchester
- Are you a Senior / Principal Mechanical Engineer?
- Do you have previous experience in Mechanical / Building Services / Construction / Civil Engineering?
- Do you have prior experience in leading the design of mechanical services, particularly for data centres and other mission critical projects, with projects value circa £150M, as a Principal Mechanical Engineer?
If so, then see below…
Huxley Engineering a Global M&E Engineering Consultancy (Building Services, Construction, Energy & Engineering - T/O circa EUR32Bn) are looking to recruit a Principal Mechanical Engineer for their Major Projects Teams based in the South Manchester Office.
Accountabilities and key tasks of Principal Mechanical Engineer:
- Delivery of designs in line with health and safety requirements.
- Full accountability for the design of mechanical services for data centre and other mission critical projects.
- Management of mechanical designers including review and approval of designs.
- Lead co-ordination of construction, mechanical and electrical design at all stages of the project lifecycle, including input from clients, internal / external designers, suppliers, subcontractors and commissioning agents.
- Lead regular design meetings with project team and provide effective communication and change management.
- Provide support to the technical strategy at bid and pre-construction phase.
- Provide engineering support to site teams, providing specialist design input to proactively resolve problems and support installation works to programme requirements.
- Provide engineering support to maintain technical audit trail through design, procurement, installation and commissioning stages.
- Successful project delivery with high quality design deliverables completed on time and on budget.
- Maintain audit trail to demonstrate design review process and design acceptance by internal and external stakeholders.
- Accepted as the design lead within the project teams.
- Effectively resolve installation and commissioning challenges.
Experience & Qualifications Required for Principal Mechanical Engineer Role:
- Recognised qualification in mechanical / building services engineering. i.e. BEng / MEng or significant demonstratable experience
- Ability to design mechanical services in line with appropriate standards, guidance and client`s requirements.
- Ability to agree practical and realistic programme for delivery of design to the requirements of internal and external stakeholders and project demands.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, manage and communicate priorities.
- Ability to make effective decisions in consultation with projects stakeholders and use judgement to escalate decision making process.
- Ability to mentor and provide leadership to engineers and designers of all levels.
- Experience of undertaking and leading the design of mechanical services, particularly for data centres and other mission critical projects, with projects value circa £150M.
- Experience of undertaking design at all stages of project lifecycle - pre-construction, design and construction stage.
- Experience in undertaking and managing specialist design and engineering services - Sustainability & compliance (BREEAM, environmental permitting - heat, fume and noise emissions, Part L), mathematical modelling (CFD, FEA, etc) and services supports design.
- Experience delivering and management of design in line with RIBA plan of work, BSRIA BG6 schedule of services and ISO 19650 requirement.
- Experience working with typical design and build contracts, JCT, NEC, MF1 and others.
For the successful Principal Mechanical Engineer, a highly competitive salary and benefits package is on offer and this Principal Mechanical Engineer role is commutable from Warrington, Manchester, Salford, Didsbury, Liverpool, Runcorn, Stockport, Bolton, Altrincham, Cheadle & Lymm.
To be considered for this Principal Mechanical Engineer role, please apply via the link below
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales