My Client, a renowned international consultancy is currently in need of a Senior Database Administrator (m/f/d) for the following exciting project in the banking sector):
The GPB database team is primarily responsible for the formulation, documentation and communication of all RDBMS related policy, standards & procedures for the significant, growing Global Private Banking database estate. The team plays an instrumental role in the initial exploitation of new Oracle technologies, such as new versions of the database system itself, or any additional related tools or features which we have a strategic need to exploit. The team tests, proves and then assists with rolling out new technologies across our estate.
The infrastructure team members also:
- Build and manage our environments, a key contribution to our ongoing commitment to reduce physical server deployments and costs.
- Identify, assess and rollout essential security updates and patches.
- Provide amount of internal consultancy to project teams within GPB, giving advice and guidance on everything database related.
A highly demanding role exists within the database team, with the successful applicant being responsible for multiple infrastructure projects, managing various database products, providing advice and guidance to colleagues within the department, and participating in out-of-hours change and troubleshoots activity on a rota basis.
This individual will work to ensure that ITODB implements and maintains high quality environments, by fulfilling the following
- Leading internal infrastructure projects such as ever greening
- Maintaining a high awareness of technological developments, and if/how they can be combined with Client's strategic goals.
- Consulting with colleagues (both GPB and Group) to implement policies, standards and procedures.
- Producing concise, accurate documentation for internal publication.
- Developing and regularly providing summary information to the management team, both to communicate progress, and to facilitate easy identification of any issues.
The following attributes are mandatory, to ensure you are able to work effectively in this role. You will be asked to demonstrate your aptitude in these areas. You are not expected to be expert in all areas, and there will be the necessary support in place both within the department and across IT Operations to help with your development.
- Understanding of ITIL process i.e. Incident, Problem and Change management.
- Strong technical skills in Oracle 11g and 12c
- Understanding of Linux, VMware, AIX Operating Systems
- Strong knowledge in RMAN backup and recovery
- Expert in Standby, Dataguard configuration and support
- Expert in Oracle RAC configuration and support
- Must have worked on ASM configuration and support
- Strong knowledge in oracle and VCS clusterware concepts
- Expert in Database cloning (Refresh), upgrade and patching
- Strong Database Performance Tuning skills
- Knowledge on OEM configuration, job scheduling, incident management
- Desired: Exposure to another RDBMS (MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, Mongo DB, Sybase and/or PostgreSQL)
- Good to have shell scripting knowledge
- Working knowledge on cloud technology is plus
- Automation tool knowledge on Ansible, Puppet etc is plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well organised, methodical, with good attention to detail
- Adept at grasping and applying new technical concepts and developments
- Ability to cope with pressure and tight deadlines
If this project sounds like the next step in your career please apply as soon as possible! Send your CV over to c.barth[at]computerfutures.ch together with information about your availability and salary expectation.
If this project is not for you, but you know someone who might be interested, please feel free to pass over my contact details or provide me with a name and email-address so I can follow up. Successful recommendations will be rewarded with a CHF 300,- voucher from Amazon.
I´m looking forward to hearing from you!
Sthree Switzerland is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Contact Name: Charlotte Barth
Job ID: 2832674