|Listed on:||11th June|
|Salary/Rate:||£56,000 - £61,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Development Lead/Software Engineer Lead - Birmingham - Permanent
1. Overall responsibility for coding, leading, developing and promoting a strong customer-focussed, continuous improvement performance culture within each delivery area, ensuring the provision of cost effective, efficient, high quality services ensuring that all services are delivered consistently in line with agreed service level agreements, governance, performance targets, audit controls, policy and statutory legislation.
2. Partner with organisation wide services to understand business strategy and requirements and shape solutions to ensure our services meet changing customer requirements & demand.
3. Design, plan and successfully deliver multiple change workstreams/projects (small, medium & complex) in line with the 2020 blueprint, vision and Shared Services transformation programme plan to deliver significant transformational change within Shared Services and the organisation.
4. Champion and lead throughout Shared Services, Enabling Services, the organisation and external stakeholders the cultural changes required to deliver the 2020 blueprint and vision.
5. Ensure that all agreed workstream/project and programme benefits are realised both in Shared Services and in the wider organisation, securing demonstrable improvement in efficiency, effectiveness and the customer experience.
6. Ensure that business as usual is maintained during periods of transition and the planned changes are effectively integrated into the organisation.
Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to code and Lead
2. Professionally qualified or proven track record of knowledge (deep & broad) and experience in one of more specialised fields in Shared Services (HR Employee Services, Payroll, Pensions, Financial Services, Business Administration, Service Performance, Digital Services).
3. Knowledge of what excellent service delivery looks and feels like and how this can be achieved.
4. Experience of designing, planning, leading and delivering successful change workstreams/projects that improve service delivery. Knowledge and experience of tracking & measuring benefits.
5. Experience of developing strong working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders to secure demonstrable benefits.
6. Experience of managing devolved budgets.