Lead Front End React Developer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Lead Web Developer who is an expert in React/Redux development, and will be responsible for:
• Driving the front end architecture of the platform
• Building highly responsive UI components using React and Redux
• Produce high quality testable software
• Longer term aim of cross training our existing developers in these technologies
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Technology at Schroders
There's a huge amount of change going on at Schroders. Technology's shaping our business more and more, so there are many opportunities waiting to be grabbed. And because we're a big financial player, we can put hefty backing behind good ideas.
We're a serious business - we have enormous responsibilities to our clients and shareholders. But just because we're suited and booted, that doesn't make us stuffy; our tech teams are friendlier and more informal than you might expect.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
You will work in small Agile development team within Schroders Front Office Technology Department. Gathering, understanding and providing Technology solutions for Schroders Investment Division in an iterative and fast moving environment.
The team is currently building a new platform for Schroders Multi Asset Investment business in a modern technology stack (React and Redux, .NET Core, Azure Service Fabric).
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Expertise in building front end Single Page Applications with React and Redux
• Experience and good knowledge of common React libraries (Redux, react router etc)
• Good knowledge and handling of common React patterns (HOC, render props, Provider pattern, Container / Presentational components etc)
• Knowledge of common React principles (immutability, pure functions, functional / class components, pure components, change detection etc)
• General knowledge of common challenges in frontend development (eg: browser behaviour and limitations, frontend application optimisations, etc)
• Advocate of general engineering best practices (eg: domain driven code architecture, encapsulation, separation of concerns, single responsibility, clean code practices etc)
• Knowledge of common design patterns (eg: pubsub, module pattern, dependency injection etc)
• Awareness of common frontend styling paradigms (eg: css modules, css in js)
• Knowledge of general frontend tooling (particularily Nodejs and npm)
• Experience with structuring and writing unit tests
• Experience with setting up and writing end to end tests
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience and interest in RxJS
• Experience with Cypress
• Experience with ag-Grid
• Experience in working with large data sets
• Experience with material ui
• Familiarity with react hooks
What you'll be like
• Team player who values clean code and the continuous learning culture
• Passionate about what you do, detail-orientated, always striving for excellence and proactively seeking for areas to improve
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.