Technology Services is focused on ensuring that current and future investment in technology and digital supports ECC to meet its strategic goals and deliver innovative, user-focused products and services.
The Head of Technology Strategy and Portfolio will focus on developing the long-term strategy for technology and digital in ECC, enabling the right conditions for delivery. The postholder will need to demonstrate the technology expertise and leadership skills to successfully share the vision for the technology function and inspire others to champion best practice and drive service quality.
They will horizon scan to identify innovative, exciting and new technologies and opportunities to change how we deliver services and, informed by that and best practice, work across ECC to establish a clear strategic direction.
The role will help drive a new modern way of delivering technology solutions required by ECC and the Service itself and be responsible for leading the Service into a modern technology landscape of continual change needed to operate in a cloud based, digital and user-led organisation.
- Responsible for the coordination and drafting of the long-term Technology Services strategy, the underpinning delivery roadmap, and for frequently updating it to reflect new opportunities and proposals.
- Accountable for overview of the pipeline of possible opportunities and technologies, mapping them to business need and business planes to create a unified operational and strategic plan.
- Accountable for maintaining oversight of a complex portfolio of projects, considering the impact on technology resourcing, pipelines and service delivery, ensuring programmes and projects meet TS's governance requirements and controls. Using robust management to deliver high quality outputs and escalating within technology services where project objectives are at risk.
- Accountable for the identification of innovative technologies and solutions and prioritising investigation of opportunities. Responsible for engaging with the business to identify areas of need and then exploring the market, best practice and other LAs to recommend alternative approaches.
- Create and update briefings and presentations on the Council's IT strategy and roadmap to senior management teams and other stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with Business Partners or functions to validate and manage the development and introduction of newly requested technologies to ensure they meet quality and standards required and adhere to the strategic approach and to reflect wider ECC priorities with the technology strategy and roadmap.
- Operational planning and performance review to support exceptional service delivery and ensure the political objectives and priorities of the council are met
- Working collaboratively within and across functions and thinking commercially to support the delivery of best possible outcomes for our customers on a financially sustainable basis
- Maintaining and nurturing collaborative relationships with other teams in the function and external organisations that support the delivery of annual plans
- Implementing changes and continually evaluating the service to improve the area of work, while maintaining continual delivery of the highest possible levels of service quality.
- Celebrating Equality and Diversity and ensuring it is considered as part of all decisions taken
- Using professional expertise to translate goals and plans into ways of working that comply with relevant legislation and statutory requirements and manages a level of appropriate risk
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience with particular experience and qualification in the technology field related to change.
- Evidence of continuing professional development, expert knowledge in a relevant area and clear demonstration of an ability to understand a range of project management methodologies.
- A demonstrable record of strategic planning, delivering successful outcomes to demanding professional customers, underpinned by senior and political stakeholder engagement.
- Detailed knowledge of the technologies used to build and operate technology services and an understanding of the different technical roles, skills and responsibilities in a multidisciplinary team.
- Significant experience of implementing solutions to deliver value for money services in a relevant service or functional area, based on an understanding of the pressures of delivering within a local authority context.
- Excellent and persuasive communication skills, with the ability to maintain an argument under pressure and to convince wide-ranging audiences. Highly accurate, clear and precise in verbal and written communication.
- In depth understanding of the transition processes from projects to live service and a proven track record of delivering across the end to end lifecycle of a project.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. .
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on careersite.
Closing date: 1 July 2020.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.