|Listed on:||4th June|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Database Engineer - DBA (Mid-Senior)
Northampton or Nottingham (with home working options)
Competitive Salary Plus Pension, Private Healthcare, Flexible Working, 25 Days' Holiday + Bank Holidays & Your Birthday Off
Part of a successful group, our client brings together Database, DevOps and Cloud practices to provide a range of enterprise consulting and managed services. They closely partner with Microsoft Azure and AWS to deliver transformational services which help customers modernise their application deployments.
They are now looking for a mid-senior level Database Engineer to provide an exceptional database support service to their clients.
As a Database Engineer, you will:
- Deliver remote and on-site database support services and strategic consultancy services
- Support automated provisioning and configuration processes
- Collaborate on projects with Platform Engineers
- Communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Mentor junior team members
- Take part in out-of-hours delivery and on-call support (our primary support hours are Mon-Fri, 8:00 - 18:00)
To be considered as a Database Engineer, you will need:
- Demonstrable professional experience with SQL Server database technology as a specialism, including production support experience with critical databases
- Previous experience with virtualised/clustered systems
- Experience with high availability architectures and configuring fit-for-purpose back-up and recovery processes
- Multiple version and edition capability with SQL Server and a clear understanding of its future technology roadmap
- An analytical mindset and the ability to support complex problem-solving
- A passion to learn and develop your skills with new and existing database technologies
Experience of any of the following would be beneficial: popular NoSQL technologies, a second RDBMS technology, in addition to SQL, provisioning database environments on public cloud offerings, continuous integration and deployment using Azure Pipelines and Git/GitHub, or working with Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL.
Process orchestration skills using Ansible/Terraform (or similar technologies) and scripting skills (e.g. PowerShell) would also be an advantage.
Our client would like to hear from you if you've worked as a DBA, SQL Server DBA, DBA Specialist, SQL Server Database Administrator, SQL DBA, SQL Database Administrator, or SQL Engineer.
What are the benefits?
- Grow within a well-funded, profitable and ambitious organisation
- Support to gain professional certifications
- Free wellbeing help and advice
- £1,200 refer a friend bonus
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at hundreds of online and high street retailers
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Database Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.