LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our client is recruiting for a Senior Programme Manager to join their team in Warwickshire on an initial 8 month contract. Due to the nature of the project, a SC clearance will be required for the role.
* An experienced, Application Service Migration (ASM) Senior Programme Manager with significant Cloud Migration experience within the emergency Services sector.
* You will lead a large scale migration from existing shared infrastructure to a mixed cloud solution across multiple blue light commercial partners and suppliers
* This is a complex implementation programme, with a number of parties including vendors, system integrators and user groups, broken down into a number of projects that are focused on a particular aspect of the overall outcome requirements
* As the Senior Programme Manager (ASM), you will work as part of the Transformation Programme Team reporting to the Transformation Lead and will engage with the different stakeholders from the portfolio to ensure effective interdependency management.
Skills & Experience
* Infrastructure and Cloud migration programmes experience including at least one Cyber Security projects for the emergency services sector is a MUST and highly desirable:
* Large scale data migration programmes, where data is sourced from a wide range of applications and technologies across multiple parties in line with data migration strategy
* Range of successes in leading large scale technical transformation programmes.
* Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Excellent knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes.
* Sound business case development and approvals skills, in a complex environment.
* Expert range of structured programme and project management methodologies including SAFe, MSP and Prince 2.
Overall delivery of the programme including ensuring projects are delivered on time, with acceptable quality and within budget, and more specifically:
Engagement, Planning & Control
* Work with 'business Owners' and stakeholders to understand the strategic objectives and agree the strategic objectives and high-level benefits to be delivered by the projects.
* Determine the project's level of complexity and agree with the 'owner' the options and appropriate approach for delivery.
* Contribute to the development of the business case or financial investment case.
* Foster the conditions for the project teams to perform and lead on a day-to-day basis to ensure clarity of scope, good estimating, and solution development and to manage the risks.
* Develop a well formed workstream plan and get agreement with stakeholders for the purpose, nature and scope of the projects to secure buy-in and commitment
* Draw on own experience and actively seek out and apply relevant lessons learnt from other projects to enable the project teams to avoid repeating mistakes of the past.
* Manage and deliver the projects within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints to enable delivery of the agreed outcomes and benefits.
* Maintain effective relationships with stakeholders, address issues, and deliver effective communication strategies.
* Put in place transition plans and ensure business ownership is established for the ongoing ownership of outcomes and benefits.
* Apply oversight and evaluate, monitor and manage risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, interdependencies and changes, escalating those outside tolerance if appropriate.
* Maintain suitable plans, manage the delivery of minimum requirements and critical success factors and effectively manage people (including third parties) and other resources.
* Monitor progress, regularly report on status and initiate corrective actions. Ensure all expenditure or activity is tracked and reconciled to budget/plan with forecast to complete or value generated central to decision making
* Ensure adherence to Warwickshire Police policies and standards for project management, health and safety, financial, legal and technology and any other compliance requirements.
* Support the business, projects and ICT deliver key documentation and ensure change management activities are executed (e.g. relevant training) to enable business adoption of changes.
* Ensure controlled phase/project closure with appropriate review of performance, sharing of lessons, handover specifics, ongoing ownership and a planned post implementation review and sharing of lessons in place.
Stakeholders, Change and Communication
* Create, update and manage plans to address stakeholder expectations and secure buy-in.
* Work with stakeholders on defining scope, agreeing critical success factors, identifying deliverables and benefits, and understanding trade-offs.
* Identify and address dependencies and interdependencies with other projects.
* Form the project team with appropriate specialist skills (e.g. procurement, HR, change, legal, business continuity etc.) and advise the Sponsor on governance issues.
* Develop options and gain approval for plans, for example the Project Management Plan and business case/ financial investment case.
* Create, update and manage a detailed project plan, along with a high-level project plan to support stakeholder engagement, reporting and communication.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.