esure Group are currently recruiting for a Data Engineer to join our rapidly expanding, innovative Data team.
The team are building a cutting-edge Data Analytics Platform using modern tools like Databricks and AWS. The platform will allow users to gain access to analytics data to ensure our business can unlock maximum value and operate effectively.
What you can expect as a Data Engineer:
The successful candidate will develop and manage the Data Engineering stack at esure. The role holder will be responsible for data design, development of data pipelines, loading of the data lake and data warehouses and building reports and visualisations.
What you'll do:
- Design and build technical products / platforms to meet the needs of esure's internal staff
- Assist the technical lead, Product Managers and Architects to define the technical direction for the products you are supporting
- Implement data pipelines to ingest data into datastores for internal reporting and analytics
- Managing the data stores to ensure data quality and availability
- Taking part in 2nd-line support of pipelines and platforms, including occasional support outside of office hours
- Support the adoption of Agile within the technical teams for use in delivery projects and support tasks.
- Share knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers
- Identify opportunities and areas for improvement around technical quality of the product
What we are looking for:
- Strong, hands-on experience of developing a cloud-based Data Platform, preferable AWS
- Knowledge of the following AWS tools: Redshift, Lambda, Kinesis, Glue, Athena
- Ability to write enterprise grade Python code
- Working knowledge of producing Data pipelines using Spark
- Knowledge of Data Pipeline orchestration
- Visualisation tools - Tableau
What we will offer to you in return:
- Opportunity for remote working
- Dress for your day (casual and formal business dress depending on your day)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila's Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer's renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila's Wheels Travel Insurance (7.5% for family)
- Discretional bonus
- Festive Bonus
- Free daily shuttle bus to and from our Reigate office to Redhill train station
- BUPA - Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
- esure are members of easitSURREY, for a membership of £5.05 per year you can be eligible for a wide range of travel discounts including:
- 15% on rail travel with Southern
- 20% discount for single and return bus journey on certain routes
- A number of cycling related offers including 10%-20% off at Halfords
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the above perks you can also expect coffee machines, subsidised canteen and quarterly IT drinks to make it all worthwhile. What we really aim for is a place where people can thrive and ultimately help us put our customers first.