esure Group are currently looking for a Solution Architect to join their growing, experienced IT department based within our Reigate head office.
As a Solution Architect, you'll be responsible for developing the architecture and technical direction of esure's IT Applications, ensuring that the use of technology is aligned with the overall company direction and business strategy regarding applications, data and infrastructure.
The successful person will liaise with the business to align architecture strategy to business direction, whilst educating business users on the benefits of good design and service based architecture. Our Solution Architect will also work closely with the Delivery Managers and Product Owners within IT to ensure that the agreed solutions are implemented according to the architectural design.
What you'll do:
- Develop a close understanding of the company's direction and business strategy, bridging the gap between business problems and technology solutions
- Responsible for building and maintaining technology solutions for esure as agreed with the Enterprise Architects.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining relevant architecture principles.
- Build relationships with business functions and other IT teams to identify the potential application of emerging technology, and to promote re-use of existing business logic, data and services
- Responsible for ensuring that new projects and initiatives meet agreed technical principles and are consistent with the strategic technology direction.
- Define and develop the overall technology architecture philosophy and ‘big picture', including hardware platforms, operating systems, cloud, RDBMS, middleware, microservices and APIs
- Responsible for promoting the Architecture Team vision for systems across the esure IT department and the business.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in designing and building IT applications. Demonstrable evidence of working within the full system development lifecycle process preferably using agile methodologies.
- Proven knowledge of, and previous exposure to, a wide range of technologies and the ability to relate those to the technology in use or planned in esure;
- AWS cloud technologies, Spring Boot, Oracle RDBMS, Linux, etc.
- Able to understand at a detailed level how the various components of an IT infrastructure fit together. Able to articulate this in written and spoken words to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate at all levels up to and including IT management team
- AWS or Java certification
- Experience of working in insurance or financial services sector
- Experience of an architecture framework and methodology such as TOGAF, Zachman, etc
What we will offer to you in return:
- Dress for your day (casual and formal business dress depending on your day)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 25% discount on esure & Sheila's Wheels insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer's renewal quote on both home and car insurance
- 15% Discount on esure and Sheila's Wheels Travel Insurance (7.5% for family)
- Discretional bonus
- Festive Bonus
- Free daily shuttle bus to and from our Reigate office to Redhill train station
- BUPA - Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
- Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
- esure are members of easitSURREY, for a membership of £5.05 per year you can be eligible for a wide range of travel discounts including:
- 15% on rail travel with Southern
- 20% discount for single and return bus journey on certain routes
- A number of cycling related offers including 10%-20% off at Halfords
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of all candidates and colleagues and that the social distancing guidelines set out by the government during the current Covid-19 outbreak are adhered to, esure Group will be conducting all interviews via a video conferencing platform until further notice.