LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our client is recruiting for a Compute Designer to work on a defence project in Hertfordshire. Due to the nature of the project, an SC clearance is required for this role at minimum.
* Primarily responsible for the design of multiple elements (within there area of expertise) of a solution as directed by the TDA/Lead Designer in concurrence with the high level design and technical documentation in line with best practise.
* Works closely with Configuration (Hardware & Software) roles and Junior designers as well as TDAs as appropriate
* Demonstrate that Stakeholders are being managed and relationships are being controlled and maintained. Ensure timescales are agreed and documented and progress reported, in line with Stakeholders expectations.
* Ensure use of supported portfolio items and Compute service catalogue compliance.
* Scope management - take the initiative in looking for efficiencies in designs through use of patterns and templates, rather than bespoke requests.
* Organise and act on peer reviews of design artefacts before releasing.
* Adhere to all design validation processes where relevant
* Keep abreast of latest technologies - be aware of the pros and cons of using new or untried solutions.
* Ensure good configuration management of delivery artefacts - version control, records of reviews
* Develop capacity planning models and load-balancing/redundancy solutions.
* Could lead on a specific deliverable of a medium/complex scale project within a work package
* Should have strong desire to learn & catch up with new products, technologies & services
* Exchange - Design, Administration, Configuration and Installation
* Active Directory - DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, Remote Desktop Services
* Security - CIS, MS Security baseline
* SQL Server - Design, Administration, Configuration and Installation
* VMware - Design, Administration, Configuration and Installation
* Technical Design writing
* Hardware - HP Servers, Desktops and Laptops
* Windows 2012, Windows 10
* Network Concepts - IP, Subnets, Routers, Switches
* Automation/scripting - PowerShell, VBScript
* SharePoint - Design, Server, Administration, Configuration and Installation
* Monitoring Tools - Solarwinds, Huntsman
* Unix, Solaris or Redhat - Design, Administration, Configuration and Installation
* Microsoft Office
* LAN and WAN
* Backup and Storage Technologies
* Mobile Technologies - Apple, Blackberry
* PKI - Design PKI Server, Administration, Configuration and Installation
* Windows Patching and Anti-Virus Technologies
* Microsoft Teams
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.