Digital Biomarker Biomedical Engineer (m/f/x) 100%
Are you an experienced Digital Biomarker Biomedical Engineer (m/f) looking for a new project? Our client, a large pharmaceuticals company offers an interesting and exciting opportunity for freelance Digital Biomarker Biomedical Engineer (m/f).
Your role as Digital Biomarker Biomedical Engineer (m/f)
- Work on large amounts of sensor data from smartphones, wearables and other devices (e.g. IMU, touch screen, bluetooth, PPG) collected during the daily life of participants in clinical studies
- Develop robust algorithms to infer a variety of disease symptoms in neurological diseases
- Establish reliability, accuracy and validity of your novel algorithms
- Use the data produced by your algorithms to help deepen the understanding of how impairments induced by neurological diseases impact the daily life of a patient
- Work with our software developers to turn your algorithms into fully documented and validated high-quality code
- Drive the understanding of the data analysis results by clinical development programs through the development of compelling narratives and presentation
- Contribute to manuscripts for peer-reviewed journal articles to establish the biological, clinical and patient relevance of data collected in novel digital biomarker approaches
- Contribute to the improvement and automation of the data processing and analysis pipeline across programs
- Very good university degree in biomedical engineering or alternatively mathematics, statistics, natural science or informatics
- 5+ year of experience with signal processing (e.g. movement data such as accelerometer, gyroscope, PPG data for heart rate, ECG/EEG ) on data collected (preferably in neurological diseases)
- Strong experience with analyzing and visualizing large data sets
- Track record of writing compelling publications in high impact, peer reviewed journals
- Profound knowledge in Python, R or similar software packages/languages
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills
- Self-starting team player with strong and collaborative "can-do" attitude
- Highly efficient user of MS Office, excellent PowerPoint slide writer
- Excellent in English; excellent writing skills
- Location: Basel
- Start date: 08/2020
- Duration: 12 months
If you would like to apply for this pharmaceutical project as Digital Biomarker Biomedical Engineer (m/f) you can apply directly by clicking the Apply button.
We are looking forward to your application.
Sthree Switzerland is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.