Production Worker (CNC Operating)
Real Time Recruitment
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk Position - Production worker / CNC Operator / Miller
Type - Contract
Location - Yeovil, Somerset, UK
Rate - £15.77 per hour PAYE ! (possible shifts)
Duration - 3 months +
Industry - Aerospace
Urgent requirement ! send cv asap for immediate response..
54N General Machining: Specific Role Requirements
• Either Manual Turning or Grinding experience.
• This would also be shift working going forward (Days & Lates)
• Work is highly varied using Hardinge Lathes and a Dean Smith & Grace.
• Working from billet material to cast components.
• Working on Manual Grinding machines
• Experience of honing and grinding parts to extremely tight tolerances.
Our client is a leading provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military space and airport operations. The Aerospace Yeovil site includes Integrated Supply Chain operations and Engineering & Technology as well as other support functions. It specializes in several product lines including: environmental control systems, life support systems, hydraulics systems, and control and data systems.
We are currently recruiting for Indentured/skilled workers to work on site at our offices in Yeovil. The role will involve machining of Aerospace Equipment, in accordance manufacturing instructions, Specifications and Customer/Regulator Requirements, working within an empowered team environment to meet delivery requirements and reporting directly to the Team Lead.
The position of Skilled Machinist Operative holds the following responsibilities:-
• CNC programming, setting and operating (Turning, Milling or Grinding)
• Producing parts to drawing requirements utilising Manual Turning, Milling or Grinding
• OCQ - Operator Control of Quality
• To achieve on time delivery by ensuring work is completed on time and to the
• Interpreting engineering drawings, following the process layout and documentation
Qualifications & experience required:
• Engineering Apprenticeship (Desirable but not Essential)
• Knowledge of Aerospace machining practices
• Strong Knowledge of machining, preferably Manual Turning or Grinding
• Experience in using a wide range of hand measuring equipment such as Vernier,
Micrometer, thread and plug gauges etc
• Experience of engineering tolerances such as concentricity, roundness, squareness
and surface finishes
• High standard of Health & Safety
• Adhering to Company Processes & Procedures
• Working in a Customer-focused environment and achieving targets
• Working with Designers and Engineers
• The position requires the applicant to have an understanding of Aerospace practice
and the significance of the safety critical work undertaken
• PC literate
• The applicant should be able to display essential skills in the adherence to Health &
Safety standards at all times, teamwork, flexibility and the ability to use initiative
• Machining skills are essential
• Continuous Improvement
• Any further training requirements will be provided:- PC skills, Manual Handling,
Abrasive Wheels, 5 S's, Lean (KanBans, Line Side Stock, etc.) and general Health &
Other IT Jobs