Real Time Recruitment
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk Position - Maintenance Technician
Type - Contract
Location - Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK
Rate - Circa - £16.89 per hour PAYE contract ONLY
Duration - 6 Months +
Industry - Manufacturing
This is an urgent position, please send cv asap for an immediate response !
I. Purpose of the Job
Support, maintain and improve production equipment to maximise manufacturing availability.
II. Principal Responsibilities
1. To maintain production equipment to ensure maximum up time target of 95% availability.
2. To promptly identify root cause of equipment failure and implement subsequent repair.
3. To manage an existing Planned Maintenance system, perform tasks to predetermined schedule, identifying potential operator owned tasks to sustain process up time & maximise capacity.
4. To identify & ensure sufficient spares are available to provide adequate response time regarding component failure
5. To specify and implement improvements to the production process or equipment to achieve cost, productivity or quality benefits.
6. To ensure process, equipment and ergonomic risk assessments are completed where necessary.
7. Ensuring timely completion of HSE actions
8. To write technical documents to define procedures, including cell maintenance instructions including defining of TPM schedules
9. To liaise with identified external partners/vendors regarding technical aspects of production equipment and spares.
10. To design or detail necessary jigs and fixtures.
11. Ensuring timely completion of Kaizen ideas
III. Principal Networks & Contact Links
Supervisors and Team leaders
Vendors regarding technical information, spares & repairs ? Tool-makers regarding spares
VI. Key Performance Measures
Equipment Roll Through Yield
HSE action rail
Kaizen idea action rail
I. Education Required (academic and/or technical education) ?
Literacy and Numeracy. ?
A broad range of qualifications may be acceptable; however, it is envisaged that there should be a sound engineering background with a demonstrable ability, ideally supported by a recognised Engineering apprenticeship. ?
Computer literate - experience with MS Office and AutoCAD
II. Work Experience Required (area and length of experience)
Experience in a medium to high volume production environment will be required.
III. Technical Skills & Specific Knowledge Required (specific skills and knowledge required for the position) ?
Practical experience with a hands-on and methodical approach to fault diagnosis/analysis with the ability to use diagnostic tools/equipment ?
The ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and external suppliers both on technical matters and general levels ?
Proven working knowledge of assembly automation including diagnosing PLC and pneumatic system logic ?
Experience of ultrasonic welding of plastics and/or micro resistance welding would be an advantage.
IV. Behavioural Competencies Required (e.g. organisational skills, ability to lead a team, etc.)
Essential to be a team player.
Ability to gain assistance from fellow employees
Organisational skills required.
Open minded / flexible / adaptable.
Good timekeeper / reliable.
Proactive in HSE
Other IT Jobs