Customer Service Specialist
Real Time Recruitment
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk Position - Customer Service Specialist
Type - Contract
Duration - 8 months +
Rate - £12.50 PAYE per hour
Location - Northampton
I. Purpose of the Job
- This person is part of a team in the Sales Office, providing coordination between Customers, Sales, Operations, Engineering and Finance.
- The SSS generates sales by providing the customer with quotations, technical and commercial advice and efficient order fulfillment. Effective performance in this role is business critical for the company to meet and exceed its sales revenue goals.
- The role is a vital interface that customers have with Combisafe and its efficient execution greatly influences the customers' perception of the company and their willingness to buy and rent our products.
II. Principal Responsibilities
- Sales office activities including quoting, providing customers with sales/technical information, and communicating opportunities to field sales.
- Act as main point of support to Combisafe key accounts and regular customers, technical support, and submitting of quotes/offers.
- Contact is made by phone, email with around 10 to 20 written quotations per day, sent by email.
- Supply customer with User Instructions, Technical Information sheets, drawings, specific product advice and sales literature as appropriate.
- Filter incoming enquiries and supply leads to Field Sales.
- Regular follow-up of quotations, in order to convert sales.
- Visit major accounts occasionally to maintain intimacy with principal contacts in purchasing and specifying functions
- Up-sell based on customer knowledge and technical competence. Cross-sell of personal protective equipment
- Manage the processing of orders and order fulfilment
- Participation in the Tier 1 meetings on site at Northampton.
-Encourage and Embrace HOS (Honeywell Operating System) on site and in the office.
- Processing of orders into SAP, 15 to 30 orders per day (between the team).
- Coordination with Warehouse/Logistics on deliveries/rental collections to customers.
- Liaison and support to Field Sales staff by phone and email, through effective communication.
- Export and intra-group sales order processing.
- Resolution of invoice queries and disputes, mis-deliveries, credit control issues.
- Other work assignments delegated by the immediate superior/management.
- Accurate document filing and storage
- Managing customer delivery expectations through stock level review and investigation and communication.
- Basic Bills of materials based on standard equipment.
III. Geographic Scope & Travel Requirements
- The SSS is based at Combisafe's HQ in Northampton, with the occasional requirement to travel to meet key accounts throughout the UK & I.
IV. Key Performance Measures
Will be measured against various targets including, but not limited to: -
- Total UK turnover, sales and rental.
- Up-selling (adding value to orders/enquiries).
- HOS targets (Kaizen's,Gemba's Health and safety Observations)
- Follow Up Quotes
- Input Errors
- Missed Phone calls
- Special promotions, for example, sales of slow moving stock.
- Sales efficiency (adoption of business tools such as CRM, SAP).
I. Education Required (academic and/or technical education)
Should have general attainment equivalent to: -
3 GCSEs, Grade A-C or equivalent, including English and Maths
II. Work Experience Required (area and length of experience)
Job related work experience skills/knowledge requirements: -
- Vast experience in a sales or customer service environment, preferably in the construction industry.
III. Technical Skills & Specific Knowledge Required (specific skills and knowledge required for the position)
- The role requires active selling and will not suit a person with only a clerical and administrative skill set.
- Sales office experience in the following areas would be highly beneficial:-
- Construction equipment, such as formwork, scaffolding, safety products.
- Height safety (such as fall arrest or fall protection equipment)
- Construction fasteners
- Effective skills in Office applications such as Excel and Word
- Knowledge of ERP applications such as SAP
IV. Behavioural Competencies Required (e.g. organisational skills, ability to lead a team, etc.)
- Results motivation
- Team orientation
- Excellent communicator
- Self awareness
- Good time management skills
- Intelligent risk-taking
- Self development orientation
- IT literate
V. Language Requirements (written and spoken skills)
Fluent in English; the candidate must be able to converse at detailed technical and commercial level with customers with a range of British dialects.
Pay rate - £12.50 p/h (PAYE)
Duration - roles expected to last until end of January 2021