QS Administrator / Document Control Assistant
Real Time Recruitment
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk Position - QS Administrator / Document Control Assistant
Type - Contract
Rate - Circa £180 per day (Limited Company)
Location - South Manchester
Industry - Construction
Duration - 4 months +
Job title; QS Administrator
Daily tasks identified below, but not limited to: Assisting the Team of Quantity Surveyors in:
1. Forecasted Cost Planning
3. Contracts negotiation
4. Procurement advice
5. Preparing Bill of Quantities (BOQ)
6. Monitoring Budget
7. Preparation of Payment Invoice and certification (AfP)
8. Assessment and tracking of variations
9. Acquiring approval to proceed on variations
10. Dispute resolution
11. Claims Tracking and negotiation
12. Preparing feasibility studies
13. Cost control
14. Value engineering
15. Advice on cost limits and budgets
16. Whole life cycle costing
17. Valuation for insurance purposes
18. Project management
19. Advice on contractual disputes
20. Preparation of final account
21. Validating hours claimed for by suppliers
22. Tracking Construction Manager Instructions (CMI's)
23. Preparation of records and documents for Curt should it be required
• Degree Qualified, typically in finance or accounting.
• Must have minimum 3 years' experience working in QS Admin role.
• Must have 1 verifiable reference projects, or similar jobs completed by them.
• Ideally would live within 1 to 1 ½ hrs from the project
Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor (QS), the QS Admin will be required to form part of the QS team on site. The QS Admin will be expected to prepare and collate cost reports, complex spreadsheets, tracking and preparing all correspondence ensuring we reply to all client queries, assist the team in tracking all VO's, CMI's, CAN's. The QS Admin must keep accurate records, both commercial and meeting minutes.
The working hours on site are from 08.00hrs to 17.00hrs, Monday to Thursday, and 08.00hrs to 16.00hrs on a Friday.
The position is site based, with the notable exception of Working From Home should it be agreed with the Project Director.
Other IT Jobs