Real Time Recruitment
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk Position - Quantity Surveyor
Type - Contract
Location - South Manachester
Rate - Circa £400 per day (Ltd / Umbrella Co)
Industry - M&E Building Survices
Job title - Quantity Surveyor
Daily tasks identified below, but not limited to:
1. Forecasted Cost Planning
3. Contracts negotiation
4. Procurement advice
5. Preparing Bill of Quantities (BOQ)
6. Monitoring Budget
7. Preparation of Payment Invoice and certification (AfP)
8. Assessment and tracking of variations
9. Acquiring approval to proceed on variations
10. Dispute resolution
11. Claims Tracking and negotiation
12. Preparing feasibility studies
13. Cost control
14. Value engineering
15. Advice on cost limits and budgets
16. Whole life cycle costing
17. Valuation for insurance purposes
18. Project management
19. Advice on contractual disputes
20. Preparation of final account
21. Validating hours claimed for by suppliers
22. Tracking Construction Manager Instructions (CMI's)
23. Preparation of records and documents for Curt should it be required
• Accreditation of Professional Body: Must be a "Chartered Quantity Surveyor" in the UK.
• Must have minimum 5 years' experience in large/mega MEP/Construction projects.
• Must have 2 verifiable reference projects similar jobs completed by them.
• Must have full Professional Indemnity Insurance to cover the value of the project liability, or the company that supplies the QS must have this cover.
• Ideally will have experience working with Controls solutions providers
• Ideally would live within 1 to 1 ½ hrs from the project
Reporting to the Project Director, the QS will be required to form part of the Senior Management team on site. The QS will be expected to take part in all client commercial discussions and negotiations. The QS must keep accurate records, both commercial and meeting minutes.
• Weekly reporting of daily activities undertaken and completed is required.
• Timely submittal of the monthly AfP on or before the 15th of every month.
• Unbilled items not paid in a month must be substantiated and cleared in the following month or notified as a risk to the Project Director.
The working hours on site are from 08.00hrs to 17.00hrs, Monday to Thursday, and 08.00hrs to 16.00hrs on a Friday.
The position is site based, with the notable exception of Working From Home should it be agreed with the Project Director.
Other IT Jobs