Infrastructure Engineer (Security Cleared) - Windows Server, VMware, AD, Group Policy
Despite the nationwide lockdown, there are still mission critical projects and secure systems that need talented engineers supporting them.
We are looking for a number of security cleared Infrastructure Engineers to help support a programme engineering team to integrate and implement newly designed secure systems on a customer site.The Role
The role involves working across the full systems engineering lifecycle from requirements analysis through design, build, test, acceptance and into Live Operations.
The role will include validating and verifying design artefacts from internal teams or subcontractors and the integration and testing of those designs into fully functional and operational services. There is also system transition and data migration tasks to be supported.
We are looking for Engineers at various levels of experience and ability. Due to the current climate offers will be made after telephone interview with start dates to be arranged ASAP.
Interact with Service Design Team for the assignment on integration and implementation tasks.
Assist in the investigation, resolution and closure of Tier 1, 2 and 3 technical hardware and software issues pertaining to newly implemented and integrated systems
Identify situations requiring urgent attention and escalate via appropriate channels.
Providing implementation and integration for the:
-Infrastructure components, i.e. the servers (both physical and virtual), workstations (both physical and virtual), storage and networks (both physical and virtual).
-Integration of the COTS software applications.
-Management of the security requirements through Active Directory policies, security software and writing System Operating Instructions.
Implement the physical detailed design by building Servers, Windows workstations, configuring storage, network switches, installing COTS applications.
- Strong Windows system administration experience, covering Windows 7, 10 and Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019.
- Knowledge of using Active Directory and Group Policy Objects to define security requirements.
- VMware virtualisation experience
- A knowledge and understanding of ITIL functions, principles and processes.
- Current DV clearance.
- Proven track record in the implementation and maintenance of complex IT systems.
- Knowledge of the integration of computer hardware including networking in a secure environment.
- Expertise in the integration and configuration of COTS software to meet defined system requirements. e.g. Sophos, LogRhythmn, Lumension Device Control, What's Up, MS Office, ESRI ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine, BAE SOCET SET, Photoshop, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Recent practical experience of successfully integrating complex COTS products.
- Microsoft certification.
- Experience of Ansible
- Knowledge of or experience in DevOps.
- VMware Certification.
- VMware NSX-T experience.
- Scripting capabilities using Powershell and/or VB
- A working knowledge of government IT Security environments and requirements including MoD JSPs (440 and 480), Safety and ILS practices and policies.
- Knowledge/experience of GIS and image processing application software.
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Security Compliance Manager 2.5 and GAP.
- Knowledge and experience in planning, designing and implementing system transition to include writing scripts and instructions, sequencing tasks, rehearsing and validating plans.
- Data Migration experience.
This is an opportunity to join a globally leading company within the defence market, providing innovative systems, products and solutions aimed at protecting and enhancing the UKs cyber capabilities.
You'll be joining a a close-knit working environment within defence and security, where support and collaboration are paramount.
To be considered for the role you must hold a current and transferable DV Clearance.
To apply for the role or to find out more please contact Sophie Tully at Evolution Recruitment Solutions.
Job ID: 2826758