Junior Software Developer
Devon County Council
£23369 - £26317
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Excellent digital services are at the heart of DCC's work to make life better for the people of Devon.
Local government is changing faster than ever and needs people with digital skills. In return we offer a supportive and highly flexible working environment. You will be encouraged to think creatively and drive improvement. Our benefits include competitive salaries, flexible working including working from home, an attractive pension scheme, a staff discount scheme, and a minimum 20 days annual leave (plus bank holidays). You'll also be able to enjoy living and working in the South West with great access to countryside and coast.
This is an exceptional opportunity to help the organisation deliver fantastic services that make things easier for the people of Devon at a time of rapid digital transformation across local government.
· The Junior Software Developer will be part of a development team designing, developing, testing, debugging, and maintaining digital services that meet the needs of users.
· You'll work together with other team members and the wider organisation, developing software features at a fast pace using a market leading low-code development platform.
· You'll have a good understanding of the end-to-end process for developing software, and practical experience of using common programming languages.
· You'll be able to demonstrate that you can work in a dynamic team characterised by rapid change and understand the importance of user needs in software development.
· You'll be enthusiastic about developing new skills, particularly building expertise in the use of low code development platforms like Outsystems.
For further information and to apply for this role, please click APPLY.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English. This role requires a DBS disclosure.
Closing date: 12/06/20.