UI/UX Designer - Edinburgh
Salary up to £40k DOE
As the UI/UX Designer you will be working with a team that will expect you to be able to deliver production ready assets understanding the technical limitations, challenges and opportunities faced by the development team for web and app development.
Key daily tasks involve
- Collaborating with product management, engineering and key clients to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to implementation of the 'views' and client-side code.
- Conceptualising original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Create user/process flows and mock-ups to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Conduct user research (both internally and externally with key clients) and evaluate user feedback.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards. To be a subject matter expert.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Effectively communicating with internal customers - establishing ongoing good relationships and answering any questions or concerns. Organise meetings, video and phone conferences to further your deliverables.
- Proficiency in visual design and wire-framing tools.
- An understanding of the constraints for design in relation to Web-based interfaces, Desktop and Mobile applications.
- An understanding of design in relation to complex data-heavy applications.
- An understanding of the entire web/app development process (design, development and deployment), and your place in it.
- An understanding of layout aesthetics, and visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- An understanding of the current content piracy landscape for digital media.
- Familiarity working in a development team that uses Software Configuration Management (SCM) concepts, version control (incl. Git)
Benefits include a competitive salary, flexible working options, pension scheme, 25 days holiday which increases with length of service, plus extra day off for your birthday, and life insurance.
Get in touch today contact Click here to contact this recruiter or call [Telephone number removed] !
Contact Name: Oliver King
Job ID: 2826516