A specialist school currently requires an IT Support Engineer for an initial 2 month contract based in Cranleigh, paying up to £200 per day via Umbrella.
You must have your own transport as there are no transport links to the site.
- Provide high quality, first and second line technical support for IT; recording all calls and activities within the service desk tool.
- Escalate calls or technical issues internally or to third parties as appropriate, in line with our service level agreements
- Assist the IT Engineer in undertaking day to day maintenance of printers, end user devices and core systems
- Undertake software and hardware installs, as directed by the IT Engineer
- Create new user profiles, maintain and delete user accounts and manage password resets, to ensure timely and accurate management
- Update the asset register, to ensure that an accurate record of assets and asset allocation is maintained
- Undertake back up checks and scheduled maintenance support activities, under direction of the IT Engineer
- Support and undertaking ICT project work on discrete projects
- Ensure that all school policies for e-safety, acceptable use, social media and security are complied with at all times, where necessary escalate issues as required
- Undertake research to help solve ICT problems, as directed by the IT Engineer
- Assist in identifying and sharing opportunities for service improvement or development of new ICT systems and services
- Undertake any other tasks with can be reasonably expected in relation to the role
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (365 specific knowledge would be an advantage)
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Active Directory and Anti-Virus software
- Understanding of Outlook/Exchange
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to work in a team and deliver good customer care and communicate clearly with others
- Proven ability to work independently and on own initiative within specified guidelines or processes
If you have the experience to carry out this role, then please do apply using your most up to date profile. Please do send your CV in the first instance. If you do not hear back with 48 hours, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Contact Name: Ryan Yardley
Job ID: 2826214