Role: Welder - TIG
Location: Rugby - CV21 2NH
Duration: 6 Months
Pay: Negotiable on experience
To prepare and conduct manual and orbital welding on pipe assemblies and various components on water cooled generator rotors within the business to achieve maximum efficiency within the standard operating procedures
In addition, you will:
- Prepare and conduct manual TIG welding on thin walled stainless including duplex steel to meet high quality standards. Welding include tight access mirror welding
- Setup and use orbital TIG welding equipment on various pipe assemblies
- Prepare and conduct standard fillet and butt TIG welding on various stainless and duplex steel components.
- Ensure quality of product and operations to meet drawing and customer
requirements to standard best practices
- Work as a team within the Rugby Service Centre, across shifts and support and implement
the needs of the business in terms of operational flexibility
- Ensure all production shift and weekly targets are achieved in line with cost, quality
and EHS requirements
- Support and take part in all EHS, Quality, Continuous Improvement and New Product Introduction Initiatives
- Promote the interests and image of the Company at all times and behave according to the GE Spirit and the Letter.
- To act according to the regulatory requirements of those bodies to which the organisational unit wishes to be accredited, e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001.
- To act according to defined Environmental, Health and Safety instructions, including general and company own rules.
- Time served craft apprentice or equivalent experience (min 5 years)
- Steam turbine or Generator component knowledge would be advantageous
- Experience in General industrial manufacturing environment.
- Continuous Improvement/Lean experience desirable
- Preparing and conducting manual TIG welding on stainless including duplex steel thin walled pipe assemblies.
- Setup and use orbital TIG welding equipment on various thin walled pipe assemblies
- Prepare and conduct standard fillet and butt TIG welding on various stainless and duplex steel components