CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Head of Projects to join the team located in London
The purpose of the role is to:
- Lead their teams in the safe delivery of projects.
- Have overall responsibility for generating a sales pipeline to deliver revenue to the BU.
- Ensure projects are secured and delivered on time and within the financial requirements and margins as specified by the business.
- Ensure that all projects adhere and are managed to commercial agreements / contracts. They must comply with statutory regulations, are QHSE compliant and meet technical industry standards.
- Ensure the safe delivery of projects through the management of risk and competence.
- Recruit and retain talent for the present delivery and future growth of projects.
- Provide leadership in identifying and specifying project opportunities.
- Deliver contractual commitments on secured projects.
- Ensure projects are delivered on all maintenance contracts.
- Complete projects on time and on budget and to the satisfaction of all parties.
- Identify, reduce and manage all risks (technical, statutory, health and safety, commercial or otherwise) associated with each and every project.
- Maximise profit through cost reductions and better buying of subcontractor services.
- Identify and win project through effective relationships.
- Deliver supportive business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other applications as appropriate.
- Promote and maintain the core values of CBRE.
- Plan and develop long term opportunities by creating a pipeline of opportunities.
- Develop and manage all bids, tenders and proposals.
- Responsible for generating and securing new sales to exceed the annual financial plan.
- Seek out opportunities to generate projects through innovation and different technologies.
- Lead the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings.
- Develop effective relationships with current and potential customers through demonstrating our capability in project delivery solutions.
- Build strong relationships with supply partners through which we can bring innovation to our customers.
- Ensure effective solutions which meet quality expectations can be delivered to our customers.
- Work with operational managers to ensure the collaborative development of the projects business with effective team working and support of colleagues.
- Make certain that their team comply with project management policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety policy across all activities. Regularly audit and review performance.
- Carry out monthly and ad hoc project review meetings covering all aspects of Health & Safety / CDM Legislation and Requirements.
- Engage with supply partners in a manner that ensures all risk is appropriately apportioned.
- Development of project financial plans.
- Financial responsibility for the delivery of the annual projects plan.
- Manage the monthly P&L and ensure all costs (PMs/HoP) are fully accountable and recoverable.
- Produce monthly and ad hoc financial reports for the business.
- Leverage margins on projects by working with subcontractors and suppliers to reduce project costs.
- Ensure positive cash flow and that all debt is controlled below 60 days.
- Chair monthly project reviews with BULs, PM's, Project Support, Finance Manager, Procurement Manager, Health & Safety Manager and Commercial Manager.
- Recruit, train, appraise and manage a team of exceptional PM delivery team.
- Have people plan in place at all times
- Ensure the Project Managers are fully trained and equipped to deliver projects to the right standards and within the CBRE policies and procedures.
- Conduct performance reviews and create individual PDPs for all direct reports.
- Responsible for recruitment and selection of all project staff. Being equally responsible for the resolution of any discipline and grievance issues that may arise.
- Commercial awareness
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong influencing, selling and negotiation skills
- Present with confidence
- Understand commercial and financial metrics
- Internal and external customer management
- Networking skills
- Knowledge of the construction market
- Project management methodology
- Broad understanding of construction Health and Safety law and legislation
- Understanding of general financial terminology.
- Strong project experience in the data centre (or critical environments) industry.
- Proven experience of selling / pitching for new project work.
- Proven experience of managing project managers
- Must have extensive industry knowledge and a strong sales background.
- Demonstrable evidence of having managed a team
- Experience of creating, presenting and managing on bids, tenders and proposals.
- Recognised technical qualification in either a construction, mechanical or electrical discipline.
- Business standard of written and verbal literacy as well as above average numeracy skills
- Recognised qualification in project management
Contact Name: CBRE
Job ID: 2825664