We are a London based Cyber Security Consultancy looking for commercially savvy IT manager to lead our managed Service department, this person will play an essential role in overseeing the day to day functions of the companies managed service clients.
You will be highly skilled in managing client relationships and have a proven track record of delivering the best IT support. The role is for someone who has a hands on approach to people management and is solutions focused problem solver.
The ideal candidate will be expected to work closely with members of the team to develop internal capability and process, integrate new products and grow the IT support team. Our new team member will play an important role in the growth of our managed service portfolio and can expect the opportunity for growth as the company expands.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Managing the deployment, development, monitoring, maintenance, upgrading and support of client IT systems. This will include operating systems, servers, devices, software apps, telephones, cloud services and peripherals.
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with existing clients to make sure that customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Implementing a centralised administration system for the management of services provided to clients.
- Overseeing the development and enhancement of systems and integrating new systems with those currently provided.
- Working with staff to develop plans and strategies so client services can be enhanced, user effectiveness improved, and innovation encouraged.
- Liaising regularly with senior management as well as clients and end users.
- Managing IT staff, with responsibility for hiring, evaluation, training, guidance, disciplinary procedures and dismissals.
- Developing standard operating procedures allied to best practice, and ensuring written protocols and guidelines are provided for IT staff and all end-users.
- Ensuring written documentation is created and maintained, to include user and system manuals, licence agreements and all documentation relating to the delivery of services to the client.
- Keeping up-to-date with the most recent technologies and advising on what new technological solutions and their implementation will meet business and systems requirements.
- Negotiating with suppliers of hardware and software to get the best deal, including external support, and being responsible for contracting consultants and making service agreements.
- Creating a budget for each project as well as managing the financial aspects of the entire IT department such as purchases and ongoing budgeting.
- Attending business development meetings to discuss new projects relating to managed services whilst assisting the directors with pricing and tenders.
Successful candidate will:
- Have a strong track record in a multi-client outsourced MSP for at least 5 years in managerial role
- Excellent client handling skills and be able to build trust with a demanding client base.
- Deep understanding of cyber security and the implementation of security solutions
- Be able to demonstrate a detailed understanding of cloud based services, particularly Microsoft, with associated qualifications
- Have handled complex migrations of email and other data from multiple systems into cloud based environments
- Commercially savvy and has the ability to develop strategy whilst ensuring Managed IT services are delivered in a cost effective way.
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience and exposure to pricing, contracts and tenders.
If this role sounds like an ideal opportunity for you please click the APPLY button.
Please note that any data submitted will be processed in accordance with GDPR regulations.
Contact Name: Marclay Associates
Job ID: 2824755