We are searching for an ASP.NET based Web Application Developer for an exciting and growing business based in Devon. You will work proactively within the Web Development Team building and maintaining websites & web applications, adhering to company coding standards and industry best practice.
You will interact with key stakeholders in the business to help shape and gather requirements, providing accurate estimates regarding project and delivery timescales.
- Develop software solutions in C#, following coding standards, software development methodology and release procedures.
- Create and execute unit tests.
- Manage own work through the development process.
- Undertakes show and tell sessions with business users.
- Create Technical Specifications (low level design) for new development.
- Work with offshore team members in a collaborative and supported way.
- Participation in peer code reviews.
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques.
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced Software Engineers.
- Provide estimates for new development tasks, evaluate correct technology choices, offer suggestions to improve processes, and provide comments on design aspects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of OO development principles.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the MS.NET Framework.
- Demonstrate proficiency in C# (Preferred) or VB.NET.
- Demonstrate proficiency in ASP.NET Web Forms and or MVC.
- Demonstrates understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Demonstrate proficiency in MS SQL.
- Demonstrate proficiency with physical and logical database design.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the understanding of the development lifecycle.
- Conversant in the fundamental principles of both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Commercial experience working in a .NET development environment using ASP.NET, C# and/or VB.net.
- Commercial experience of Microsoft web technologies, including ASP.NET and MVC.
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
Bowerford Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.