I am working with an exciting client who are a leading company in the semiconductor Industry innovating technology solutions within a range of competitive marketplaces. My client who are always growing are leaders with in-chip monitoring technology by bringing new ways to maximize power utilization, device performance and reliability across many platforms such as Data Centre, AI, HPC, Automation and Consumers.
I am looking for a Senior Linux System Administrator to work in their office based in head office in Plymouth. You as a Senior Linux Systems Administrator will be working with the IT team to develop, monitor and maintain a number of computer systems. The security and integrity of the systems and network is principal to the role, and you will play a significant role to the input of design and implementation of any security protocols and to ensure that business is proactive in defending its infrastructure from harm.
My client is a pragmatic company who will offer opportunities for continued growth and the flexibility to work in a dynamic team with fantastic benefits and competitive salary.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Skills and Experience Required:
- Create and manage Virtual Servers in their VMware ESXi environment and Linux Compute environment including virtual servers on ESXi.
- Create and maintain a Linux environment for users, shells and environmental needs.
- Able to maintain and create Python Scripts within the Linux environment.
- Create and maintain User and Group security.
- Manage and maintain Azure AD Cloud Services and O365 applications.
- Provide 3rd party applications support (HR and Finance systems).
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers.
- Create, improve and manage MS Windows Server 2016 infrastructure, including SQL Server and MS Windows users and groups using Active Directory.
- Provide end-user support for both Windows and Linux environments.
- Maintain storage infrastructure using iSCSI and NFS technologies. (Dell, Synology, Intelliflash).
- Support the backup infrastructure (Veeam Backup and Restore with Cloud storage).
- Ensure End Point Security on Clients and Servers is deployed and updated as needed. (Sophos)
- Proficient experience with maintaining and implementing Linux in a complex IT environment such as domain setups in multi-locations using DNS, NIS, WSUS, DHCP and group policies.
- Proficient with RedHat 6/7 or Centos 6/7
- Managing O365 in Azure, Exchange, MFA and Groups.
- Experience with Enterprise hardware such as Servers, SANs (Fibre or iSCSI), Storage solutions (Dell/HP).
- Cisco Switch and Firewall Administration or other manufacturers such as HP or Dell.
- VMware ESXi - Implement hosts, VM, HA and maintenance.
Linux shell programming and Powershell.