Senior Engineer - IT
5th May 2020
£33071 - £38455
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior Engineer - IT
Burford, Oxfordshire (with occasional travel to our other sites)
£33,071 - £38,455 per annum Plus Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Company Sick Pay, Life Insurance & More
Our client is one of the UK's leading rehoming organisations for animals. They support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through their rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
They are looking for a Senior Engineer to join them and support a number of their IT systems. Our client's IT environment consists of a large number of Dell computers, Dell Servers, Cisco Switching with the occasional Apple Mac.
As the Senior Engineer, you will:
- Help to develop the Information Services function and deliver an excellent service to end users
- Provide third line technical support
- Administer various back-end systems as assigned
- Deliver small IT projects
To be considered as a Senior Engineer, you will need an excellent understanding of IP technologies, both for network and VoIP solutions. Experience of the following is also essential:
- Working with Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 and 2016
- Switching environments including Cisco, HP and Dell switches
- Installing equipment and devices in various site locations across the UK
- AV solutions and endpoint device management
- Patch management, plus the test and release process
- Microsoft Hyper-V or similar, Active Directory Users and Computers
- Administration and GPO creation
- Using backup and recovery systems
- Cloud Azure and AWS environments, virtual environments, Hyper-V or VMware, LAN, WAN, Server, Enterprise storage solutions and PowerShell
- Configuring IP based devices, telephony and switches
As this role will involve some travel, a full driving licence is required. A company vehicle will be provided as needed.
Our client wants to hear from you if you've held the title of 3rd Line Support Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Senior Technical Support Engineer, Senior Helpdesk Engineer, Senior Service Desk Engineer or Senior Helpdesk Support Engineer.
What are the benefits?
- Home working options
- Flexible working hours
- Training to support your ongoing development
- Support the success of a charity that's been helping animals since 1897
- Join a team who are passionate about what they do
- Play an important role in the delivery of our client's IT support function
- Increase your experience in the charity sector
Closing Date: 23rd May 2020
Our client reserves the right to close this vacancy early should they receive an overwhelming response. For more information on this role, please select the apply button to read the full job description.
Please note that due to current circumstances, interviews will be held via Skype. This position will commence no earlier than 1st July 2020 and may be subject to change as our client responds to the evolving COVID-19 situation.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Senior Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.