Junior Processing Development Engineer
Welwyn Garden City
£22000 - £26000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
- Input into effort/cost estimates for new project work.
- Liaison with customers and other company staff to define and document system requirements.
- Analysis and design of technical solutions for user requirements and issues.
- Impact analysis and technical design of changes relating to LINK, Visa and MasterCard and other card scheme network mandates.
- Production of test documentation for new software releases, including test plans, conditions and scripts.
- Conducting all types of testing including System, Skim, Regression, Functional, Stress, Unit, Integration, Certification and Client end to end testing.
- Creating test scripts on the available test tools and simulators.
- Recording of results with the appropriate evidence.
- Problem log management, from initial analysis through to resolution.
- Production of user documentation for project related changes.
- Production of operational procedures for project/support related changes.
- Production of implementation instructions and release controls.
- Software implementation.
- To ensure that the overall Quality Objectives of the Company in respect of carrying out job responsibilities are met.
- Post holder must comply with the current Security Policy
- Post holder must understand the need for confidentiality when dealing with customer information.
- Post holder must understand contractual requirements to maintain integrity of data and the availability of the service at all times.
- Other duties as may be required.
- Applications analysis
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Consistent attention to detail
- High level of accuracy in work output
- Ability to communicate clearly - both verbally and in writing - with management, peers and customers
- Ability to multi-task
- Time Management
- Knowledge of standard IT-based project methodologies
- MS Windows
- Microsoft Office Suite
- System Analysis
- System Design
- System Testing
- Proactive team player
- High aptitude for learning new skills
- Cheerful and positive attitude
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours as needed
- Willingness to work additional hours to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Co-operative and dependable
- Task Estimation
- Financial or payment systems (e.g. Postilion /Base24)
- EFTPOS/ATM driving software
- Relational databases
- Visual Basic
- Java / .NET
- Scripting languages such as Python, PERL, CSH, BASH
- Communications TCP/IP
- Customer Liaison
- 2:1 degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 2:2 considered dependent upon relevant experience
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS/INFORMATION (e.g. hours, shift work, travel)
- Bring initiative and creativity to system solutions
- Prepared to work in excess of standard hours when necessary to achieve objectives required.
- Prepared to work on an on-call rota basis providing out of hours applications support