Business Intelligence Analyst
£45000 - £48000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Business Intelligence Analyst Portsmouth SF30687
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join an expanding BI team based in Cosham, Portsmouth. As a BI Analyst you will discover and analyse important data and determine how best to use it to direct the decisions of the future. You will be building strong relationships with end users as well as analysing the scale and impact of the business change from a variety of perspectives. You will need to understand how data and technology drives business forward and innovate new ways that enable competitive advantage by understanding the masses of information.
* To support high-quality reporting and analytical solutions across the group using the Babcock Corporate toolsets.
* Use data analysis and modelling techniques to develop and maintain data structures to support business solutions, ensuring adherence to corporate data standards and provide advice and guidance to developers
* Undertake design of complex Data Warehouse and BI solutions, utilising appropriate tools to produce effective appropriate design documentation - for example, data flows, process diagrams,. Ensure design maps to user requirements and balances functional, service quality and maintenance requirements
* Analyse the context of use through user research methods - user characteristics and tasks and the technical, organisational and physical environment that they operate in
* Provide support to the Project Manager in liaising with Product owners and key stakeholder. Can take responsibility for the project management of small-medium complexity software projects following PMO guidelines and/or act as the Product Owner as part of some Agile based delivery projects.
* Support Business Intelligence solutions using the following technologies: SAP BI/BW and Microsoft BI.
And as you're supporting our business we'll be supporting you. We offer excellent benefits, facilities and amenities - such as onsite shops, restaurants, free parking and free shuttles from city centre trains and bus stops.
What experience do I need to do the role?
* Strong commercial BI analysis experience in a fast-paced environment.
* Experience of Agile Business Analysis and working as part of Agile based DW/BI delivery projects.
* Good knowledge of SAP functional modules but also experience in developing DW/BI solutions for non SAP environments.
* Microsoft SQL / SSRS / SSIS / MS BI / SAP Business Objects / SAP BW
* Power BI, Qlikview or Tableau experience
* Ability to understand decisions that need to be made by the product/business owners to deliver reports and dashboards that inform and trigger business decisions.
What else do I need to know about the role?
* You will work a 37 hour week Monday-Friday with flexible start and finish times * All applicants must have or be able to obtain SC security clearance
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.