Quality Assurance (QA) Lead/Head of Testing
The Quality Assurance Lead plays a leadership position in the data engineering division to drive the vision, design, strategy, and implementation of testing processes for web/ digital applications, software applications ERP, CRM and data platforms. QA lead also responsible to lead the quality assurance function and overseeing all the activities of the quality assurance teams working across projects or programmes alongside with Delivery Managers. The Quality Assurance Lead is keen on software and data platforms development and enhancement and building up best practices for latest testing techniques in Agile, BDD and TDD and Automation testing.
The QA lead is accountable to build a strong foundation for the Testing capability and promotes the best organisational design and testing standards, tools and practices. Lead tackles high-level challenges and ensures quality of testing with speed to support project/ programme delivery timelines. Lead is responsible for taking ownership of QA roadmap and expand their knowledge of DevOps techniques, and software development in general whilst utilising an ‘automation first’ approach, build on the existing testing capability and evolve it towards a sustainable future state.
The QA Lead plays a leadership role and seeks excellence in all test engineering disciplines inclusive of design, development, resource planning & management, commercial & business case development, community of practices, trainings, coaching & mentoring team members and supporting head of engineering in building the test engineering capability.
In your role as QA Lead you are expected to speak authoritatively on behalf of your team and your technical knowledge should demonstrate both depth and breadth. You will be responsible for your team's organisational structure and how that team works within the wider department as well as responsibility over the resolution of technical issues. As QA leadership, you will coordinate with engineering department leadership on release timelines of software/products and establishing minimum testing qualifications for functional and non-functional requirements to pass through the quality gates.
The QA Lead performs a wide variety of activities as discussed below, all in an effort to ensure compliance with applicable quality objectives of the business. will be responsible to define and agree on testing standards to use and implement QA processes within their development teams.
- As a Quality Assurance Lead you will:
- Build on the existing testing capability and evolve it towards a sustainable future state
- Drive strategy across key testing themes that include test automation, functional and non-functional testing, cloud and end to end test architecture plus integration.
- Lead in defining quality metrics for software & data testing.
- Lead in defining test strategy for manual and automation testing.
- Lead in the implementation and maintenance of quality assurance processes and ensures compliance with the established standards.
- Lead in the implementation of test strategy for manual and automation testing of ETL workflows and REST API’s with a view to maximise automation testing.
- Work with Head/Lead of Software and Data Engineering in integrating test programs with CI/CD pipeline.
- Be a coach and mentor to QA engineers in the department.
- To manage inter-team communications and interactivity across different teams.
- To ensure progress is reported to senior management and other stakeholders in an appropriate manner, translating the information from the team’s ‘task boards’ and ‘burn downs’ into precise and detailed status reports.
- To provide personal support, mentoring, and professional development for testers and facilitate access to appropriate functional or technical training.
- To act as the point of contact for any problems.
- To provide technical expertise to the team and help ensure the appropriate testing techniques are used to find defects early in the test cycle.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging best practices and adopts the most suitable for application in the quality assurance department.
- Overall experience of 10+ years with testing in ßAgile projects
- experience with establishing or working under a DevOps culture, testing applications using continuous integration and deployment techniques with platform automation in an enterprise environment.
- Hands on experience on Selenium concepts, load testing, Jenkins etc.
- Strong Data Warehousing ETL experience of using Informatica 10.x. on Azure cloud platform
- PowerCenter Client tools - Mapping Designer, Repository manager, Workflow Manager/Monitor and Server tools such as Informatica Server, Repository Server manager
- Exposure to implementing webservices, XML transformations, flat files, RDBMS, NoSQL databases both as a source/target.
- Knowledge on Test case Management tools such as azure dev-ops, test manager or HP-ALM QC or testlink, Jira, Postman etc.
- Experience in working in Dev ops and agile methodology
- Knowledge on Defect Tracking Tools.
- Knowledge on Data warehousing ETL, dimensional modelling, especially Type II is highly needed
- Create test plan and estimate time required.
- Ability to write functional and non-functional test approaches for major projects and provide guidance on risk approaches. Able to devise new non-functional test techniques and provide recommendations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Azure PaaS features, Serverless architecture.
- Knowledge and understanding of database such as - CosmosDB, MongoDB etc.
- Able to stay abreast of industry developments to make cost-effective use of new and emerging tools and technologies.
- Relevant professional awareness may include architecture, continuous integration and deployment, coding or scripting languages.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Ability to manage and make decisions about competing priorities and resources.
- Ability to delegate where appropriate.
- Must be a strong team player/leader.
- Strong oral written and interpersonal skills for interacting and throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex business problems and technical solutions.