Applications Support Specialist
1-year fixed-term contract
We have an exciting opportunity at Tideway for an Applications Support Specialist to work within a small IT team on several important projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for configuring and supporting SharePoint Online solutions to support and improve the way Tideway manages and shares its information. There is also an opportunity to support other applications.
The exceptional candidate will hold value in working within an exciting company focused particularly on interesting, information management and SharePoint projects. This position suits an experienced individual who has gained exposure to Office 365, SharePoint Online and some Dynamics CRM.
- Proactive advice and guidance on Microsoft Services / Roadmap and the impact this will have on Tideway's Portfolio and leading the day to day project delivery activities and reporting project status to ensure that relevant deliverables and activities are completed on time, adhere to governance, are within approved budget, and provide desired business value
- Support bug fixes and enhancement requests relating to Tideway's Microsoft Applications
- Configure applications using out-of-the-box functionality
- Ensure application support incident and request tickets are managed in line with agreed SLA's
- Support the assessment, development, testing and implementation of changes
- Work with 3rd parties including Tideway managed service partners as and when required
- Assist in the development of ad hoc reports, dashboards and workflows for business users in SharePoint as and when required
- Adhere to Enterprise Information Management, Architecture, Cyber Security, Change Control, ITIL v3, Quality and Safety principles and policies
- Supporting SharePoint Online, and the associated custom code, where possible amending to use out-of-the-box functionality
- Maintain up to date documentation on systems and processes
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for SharePoint Online and potentially some other software applications used at Tideway
- Understand Tideway's Application and Data architecture and associated flows and dependencies
- Maintenance of the existing applications / SharePoint sites
- Use development tools and deploy Microsoft applications in Azure and SharePoint Online
- Support enhancement requests and bug fixes relating to principal Tideway enterprise applications in Microsoft SharePoint Online, associated custom code and out of box solutions
- If requested by management to participate with out-of-hours standby rota to help resolve any major issues out of hours (standby allowance provided)
- Support application upgrades as and when required
- Manage the delivery and integration activities with service partners and 3rd parties with strong customer focus and drive to resolve issues within agreed SLAs
- Support monthly patch cycle and coordinate testing with the business when patching supported apps.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Experience of supporting MS SharePoint Online and Azure hosted applications
- Experience of using development and deployment tools such as Visual Studio, Azure portal, SQL Server Management studio, Azure storage explorer etc.
- Experience of supporting in an Office 365 and Azure environment
- Experience of designing, developing and deploying no-code applications using PowerApps, Microsoft Flow and Forms in Office 365
- Experience of working with content migration tools, e.g. Sharegate
- Experience of working with SharePoint designer in order to troubleshoot existing workflows
- Proven experience of working in an Application Support environment, supporting multiple applications.
- An understanding of Business Information Management or working in a construction environment would be useful
- HTML, CSS
- Experience of maintaining Microsoft SQL environments.
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to determine the approximate impact of issues quickly
- Customer focused with the ability to communicate with users at all levels
- The ability to work under pressure and balance competing priorities
- Effective communicator with the ability to provide clear updates when issues occur
- Strong analytical skills, with good attention to detail
- A logical thinker with the ability to drive change
- Passion for technology and skill growth.
Diversity helps to make London a great place to live and work, and we aspire to this diversity being reflected in our workforce. We know that diverse teams contribute new and different ways of thinking and working and raise overall performance. We also know that people are at their most productive when they feel included and valued. That's why diversity and inclusivity are key to our business strategy.
We are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a proud signature of the ‘Ban the Box' campaign, and Disability Confident Committed Employer.
We pride ourselves on providing employment for disabled employees, providing support and adjustments during the recruitment process, and wherever needed in the working environment. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitably qualified disabled applicants.
The River Thames is at the heart of London but in recent years, it has often been overlooked. Tideway wants to help change all that, and we want you to be part of our ambition to breathe life back into our majestic river.
Tideway is a new company that launched in August 2015 with the sole task of cleaning up the River Thames by tackling the current sewage pollution, and more importantly, to reconnect London with its river for business and leisure.
It is one of the largest construction projects of its type in Europe but the Thames Tideway Tunnel is not just an engineering project, it's about building a London that is fit for your children, and even your great, great, grandchildren.
Every year, tens of millions of tons of sewage pollution spills from discharge gates along the tidal river embankment, and that simply has to stop. Construction on the tunnel started in 2016 and will take seven years to complete.
You can join us to help clean up London's river together by apply for this role.
What we will offer you
- Private Medical Insurance
- Matched Pension Scheme
- 30 days leave
- 5 days of paid volunteering
- Life Insurance
- Season Ticket Loan