Data Migration Developer (SAP BODS/ABAP)
£55000 - £65000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Data Migration Developer (SAP BODS/ABAP) Portsmouth SF28966
About the role
Here at Babcock International, we are looking for a Data Migration Developer to work with BODS ETL toolset to design, with a view to developing and supporting end-to-end data migration processes associated with both SAP and Non SAP based programs.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing data quality and data cleansing requirements and methodologies, as well as managing support, tools, and maintenance of integration processes.
This Data Migration Developer will also maintain and Support Corporate ETL & Data Migration Solutions in both SAP & Microsoft platforms and will boast an understanding of SAP data structures & tables for loading data to SAP using LSMW and BODS directly.
* Design and develop SAP Business Objects Data Services jobs for Data Conversion and Data Integration to and from SAP and other sources
* Maintain and enhance the existing toolset to ensure delivery of maximum value as the project evolves
* Prepare Excel spreadsheets (Data Collection Workbooks) using SAP load formats (iDoc/BAPI/ABAP Programs) as load templates for data analysts to populate
* Data cleansing, modelling (physical and logical), profiling, enterprise data architecting, data quality and data governance
* Collaborate with technical teams to maintain BODS server architecture, data governance and end-end processes
* Performance tuning of BODS ETL and data models
* Use the local repository metadata to generate reports for input into program and management reporting cycles
* Move the projects from DEV to SIT, SIT to UAT and UAT to PRD
* Schedule transformation jobs in Management Console to produce data load files in text format for loading via LSMW or directly into SAP tables and structures
* Use Business Objects Data Integrator (BODI) to create projects, batch jobs, workflows and dataflows
What do I need to do the roles?
* Data modelling and data architecture skills using BODS ETL toolset or experience in SAP ABAP
* Evidence of working in a challenging and complex organisation and demonstrable experience of contributing to a technical change
* Good experience of understanding and writing Data Stage ETL specifications and delivery of technical solutions to an agreed standard
* Experience delivering solutions to an agreed standard using industry standard methodologies
* Business Objects Data Services certifications (highly desirable)
* Experience in one or more SAP full lifecycle implementations using SAP BODS ETL toolset
* Knowledge of Master Data Management and SAP MDM/MDG products
* Experience in SAP functional areas such as Finance, Cost Controlling, Supply Chain, Contract Management and Plant Maintenance
What else do I need to know?
* Must have or be able to gain MOD SC security clearance
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
Application Guidance All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.