SAP BODS Developer
£55000 - £65000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
SAP BODS Developer Lakeside, Portsmouth SF28659
About the role
Here at Babcock International, we are seeking a SAP BODS Developer to join a highly capable and motivated team. This SAP BODS Developer will be immersed in making enhancements to existing models and to put together new models from scratch.
This SAP BODS developer will take the responsibility to deliver core BODS developments used within Babcock in response to business/program demands. You will act as the subject matter expert for Babcock's SAP BODS platforms ensuring they support current and future exploitation of the platforms to meet Babcock's growing SAP deployments.
This is a key role, which determines the success of SAP BODS capability and will promote the usage of SAP based information provided through BI tools within Babcock - this will directly impact the success or failure of the SAP BI team.
You will also provide guidance across the stakeholder community and work with the BICC Manager to ensure all solutions are fit for purpose, deliver business value and benefit from corporate programmes.
* Deliver high standards of SAP BODSL ETL models based solutions, to time, budget and customer expectations.
* Manage the team's support of changes/enhancements to existing SAP BODS solutions in accordance with Babcock SLA's.
* Establish and maintain appropriate standards and best practices with respect to delivering SAP BODS based solutions.
* Work with other senior members of the Group I&I team to ensure Babcock have a coherent overall BI Strategy and best practice with respect to delivering BI based solutions.
* Be the recognised SME in SAP's BODS product and technology road map, using this knowledge to support program and project activities, interacting with both technical and business peers to a senior level.
What do I need to do the role?
* Experience in SAP BW & BODS projects supporting multiple SAP Functional areas.
* Advanced knowledge of the design, development and implementation of various ETL solutions
* Developing, configuring and maintaining, in SAP BODS, data extraction, transformation and loading for different databases like Sybase ASE and MSSQL, and different applications like SAP BW
* Knowledge on SAP BW & any previous experience is highly beneficial
* Worked in an Agile based development environment
* ITIL Foundation
* SAP Business warehouse (BW) on premise non-Hana solutions
* Knowledge/Experience in delivering ETL based solutions to a multi-national user base
What else do I need to know?
This role is based in Lakeside, Portsmouth. A vibrant and accessible campus that has shops, restaurants, hairdressers and a nursery on site. It has parking for employees and runs a free shuttle bus from city centre trains and bus stops.
We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative work patterns at interview.
You must have or be able to gain MOD SC security clearance
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.