Subcontracts Officer - Cheltenham
My client is a leader in the vital Security and Defence programmes in Cheltenham and are looking for a Subcontracts Officer to work with the Subcontract Manager and protect the commercial interests of the Company's business in the management of all current and future partner and subcontractor engagements.
- Work with the project managers and other business stakeholders to identify suitable suppliers for procured items and services, including identifying suitable alternative sources of supply where required
- Carry out supplier assessment and evaluation to facilitate inclusion onto the Approved Suppliers List
- Work with the bid team to support customer engagement opportunities in a timely fashion.
- Evaluate supplier proposals providing a commercially sound and considered supply chain recommendation which offers best value.
- Establish trading and pricing agreements
- Contribute to the development and promotion of positive and mutually-beneficial relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Monitor supplier performance
- Exposed to a good level in supply chain, subcontract or contracts
- Evidenced building supplier relationships
- Process development exposure
- Face-to-face presentation delivery
- Defence and Security or Aerospace sector exposure in a multi-project/programme environment
- Buying/Purchase Order/subcontract exposure - CIPS qualified
- Good awareness of contract law and standard terms
- Export/import control including knowledge of ITAR
- Exposure of contracts, terms and conditions used by UK MOD/UK government
Due to the nature of the end client you will need to obtain a SC clearance but can start with basic level clearance (BPSS)
Job ID: 2814207