|Recruiter:||Ministry of Defence|
|Listed on:||23rd March|
|Location:||MoD Corsham, South West|
What we do
Defence Digital is a significant component to the United Kingdom Strategic Command at the heart of the Ministry of Defence.
Led by the Chief Information Officer (CIO), Charlie Forte, Defence Digital is responsible for providing digital and information technology (D&IT) to our military and business front line. These essential information and communications systems and services are relied upon by our Armed Forces and broader Defence community both in the United Kingdom and in support of operations around the globe.
The Defence Digital project portfolio ranges from the provision of battlefield communications, military satellites and command and control systems to the latest office management software, phones, laptops and iPads. We provide the tools to keep our information secure and to defend from cyber-attacks.
About the role
As a Band C1 Project Manager, you will be responsible for delivery of projects that conform to the policy, governance and guidance issued from the DefDig SDO Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO). This will include:
• Developing and managing teams, identifying, addressing and resolving differences between individuals and/or interest groups.
• Empowering and inspiring others to deliver successful projects.
• Development and the production of investment appraisals, obtaining financial approval and agreeing budget, controlling forecast and actual costs against them.
• Agreeing contracts for the provision of goods/services needed for projects monitoring compliance and managing variances.
• Managing the monitoring and controlling financial aspects of each project or contract.
• Managing the preparation and delivery of technical briefs, status reports, chairing meetings and taking minutes/notes.
• Managing the management of a diverse range of stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and interests
• Management of available resources and knowledge to ensure a professional, expert and consistent approach is maintained.
• Appropriate use of project resources including engagement of commercial, technical and financial subject matter experts in order to make effective and timely decisions.
• Preparing and maintaining schedules of activities and events, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements.
• Identifying and monitoring project risks (threats and opportunities) planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect products
• Managing on the consolidation and documenting of the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities, issues and quality requirements)
• Preparing, gaining approval of, refining and updating business cases that justify projects in terms of benefits, costs and risks.
• Identifying, defining, evaluating, planning, tracking and realising the business benefits of programmes/projects.
• Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of projects, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with organisation practice.
If you have the following qualifications and /or experience, we would love to hear from you!
Association of Project Management (APM) Project Management Qualification (PMQ) or equivalent.
Candidates who do not have the APM PMQ qualification but have an equivalent or higher qualification must stipulate in the application form on what basis their qualification is equivalent or higher. All qualifications declared must be held at point of application and if applicable be in date.
Closing Date: Apply before 11:55 pm on Wednesday 15th April 2020
Contact Name: Ministry of Defence
Job ID: 2812914