|Recruiter:||Office for National statistics|
|Listed on:||23rd March|
|Salary/Rate:||£49,100 - £59,299|
Are you an experienced Data Architect wanting to take your career to the next level? Are you motivated by helping us to develop a unified view of our data that creates unique national statistics? If so, this could be the opportunity for you!
The Data Architecture division at ONS ensures that data is organised and referenced so that it can be accessed quickly and used appropriately by the organisation. The work produced by the Data Architecture division will specify how data is handled in the organisation, from how it is collected and stored, to how it is linked, combined and archived. We have been tasked with the development of an innovative and high impact data strategy, underpinned by data policies and new future-proofed data architecture.
You will be expected to understand the data needs of various business areas within ONS and to develop data and process models to support their activities. This includes documenting the data journey for various statistical processes: from data acquisition all the way through to producing statistical data outputs. It also includes producing data designs which support the full data lifecycle.
Line management responsibilities, while formally part of the job role, may not necessarily be expected, at least initially when in post.
You will champion the work of the Data Architecture division across the organisation and will be expected to work with other government departments to provide leadership in specialist areas and to share expertise. This could potentially mean leading or participating in cross-government initiatives. You will support data profiling activities (for example, for new data sources) and will reverse engineer data models from data sources or physical data schemas.
• Contribute to the ongoing development of the ONS data strategy (including data principles, policies and standards) and provide advice to stakeholders on how to comply with the strategy.
• Ensure that systems are designed, upgraded, managed, de-commissioned and archived in compliance with data policy across the full data life cycle.
• Design conceptual and logical data models, process models and metadata that comply with the data strategy and to meet business needs.
• Take part in technical and business design authorities to appraise their vision for data.
• Work closely with Business Analysts, Enterprise Architects and Solution Architects to develop solutions which comply with the ONS data strategy, data policies and data standards, and with the appropriate data architecture. This includes ensuring that metadata is collected and managed across the data lifecycle, and made available for the purposes of data governance and data exploitation.
• Provide oversight and advice to other Data Architects who are undertaking the design of data models and support the management of data dictionaries.
Contact Name: Darren Weeks
Job ID: 2812726