As a Principle Software Project Manager you will lead GPU Software projects across the complete software lifecycle from initiation, planning to delivery and project closure. In order to deliver complex software projects it is expected that you will provide high levels of inspiration and motivation leadership to the cross functional project teams together with a never say die approach to combat and jointly solve project issues and risks.
With Software Project Management experience and having come from a background of software engineering, you will have a proven track record of delivering projects on time and to scope and budget.
Key skills & attributes:
- Strong leadership and excellent team working capabilities
- Assertive, driven, resilient and highly motivated.
- Effective communication and presentation skills at all levels within a company
- Good organisation and planning skills.
- Systematic problem solver / Innovator
- Team player
Knowledge and experience required:
- Degree /Masters qualified in Software/Electronics Engineering or Computer science.
- A minimum of five years of Project leadership experience in the execution and successful delivery of complex Software development projects (real time SW for embedded Systems and Application SW). With team sizes typically 20+people
- Minimum of 3years software development experience
- Thorough knowledge of the professional project management process areas, methodologies and tools and system development processes, eg Agile, Scrum, Safe, Waterfall
- Experience of developing within embedded system architectures and implementations
- Experience of leading software quality management activities
- Experience of managing sub-contractors & suppliers.
- Experience of leading teams across cultures and locations
- Preferable experience of leading organisational change
- Preferable experience with Atlassian JIRA and MS Projects tools
- Preferably trained in project management with accredited certification through Scrum master, APM, Prince 2, IPM, PMP, CAPM or equivalent
- Willingness to travel
- Typical project durations range from 6 - 15 months with teams comprising of Architects, Definition, Implementation and Test engineers.
- Responsibilities include planning, scheduling, tracking/monitoring, resource allocation, issue/risk management, driving the teams and executing the projects against committed milestones, as well as management of project stakeholders and dependencies and communication to internal/external stakeholders and partners.
- Key stakeholders include Development teams, Product Management, Team leaders, Project Portfolio Board
- Based at the Cambridge office.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don't (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don't know'
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To find out more information and to apply, please click APPLY NOW.