SQL Server Database Administrator
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
MY CLIENT IS LOOKING FOR A SQL SERVER DBA TO BE BASED IN MILTON KEYNES.
DURATION: UNTIL DECEMBER 2020 INITIALLY.
RATE: UP TO £350 PER DAY(INSIDE IR35 SO CANDIDATES MUST USE AN UMBRELLA COMPANY).
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: SC CLEARED ALREADY OR WILLING TO GO THROUGH SC CLEARANCE.
-As a 3rd Line SQL Server DBA, you will be responsible for providing technical support for all in scope Microsoft SQL Server database environments in line with the organisation's established policies and procedures, including new installations and upgrades
.-You will support defining, implementing and managing our customers SQL Server database environments in line with architectural standards.
-You will assist developers and other DBAs, including within the customer organisations, with developments, implementations, upgrades and ongoing maintenance of the database environments.
-You will be part of a support team that provides 24x7 on call support on a rota basis, with a requirement to be available for additional work outside of normal office hours, including weekends and bank holidays.
-Customer engagement will be key, and you will establish and maintain good relationships with the customer organisation, and the various service delivery teams within Computacenter.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designing, developing and deploying of SQL Server technologies on Windows, Linux and Virtual Platforms across development, test and production systems
- Providing solutions and workarounds to incidents/problems
- Working to SLAs and deadlines
- Review of services and application delivery
- Prioritising and managing several tasks at a single time
- Establishing a good working relationship with wider teams and customers alike
- Keeping up to date with advancements in technology
- Working with a variety of customers to gain a detailed understanding of their requirements
- Willingness to Travel (Infrequent)
- Document writing / process creation
- UK based, SC cleared or eligible
- MS SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014/2016/2017
- Extensive knowledge of the supporting toolsets
- Good T-SQL knowledge
- Understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery, including working experience of Log Shipping, Data Mirroring, SQL Always On and WSFC
- Understanding of MS SQL Reporting Services
- Understanding of MS SQL Integration Services
- Understanding of MS SQL Analysis Services
- Experience of working in a controlled ITIL environment with good understanding of control processes and procedures
- Knowledge of
o sizing, capacity planning and benchmarking
o backup and recovery
o performance tuning
o proactive monitoring and alerting
- Excellent decision making/problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.