|Listed on:||16th March|
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager
Salary: up to £40k DOE
Our client is a small, friendly, multi-award-winning company providing managed hosting and cloud services to businesses and government. An opportunity has arisen for a Network Engineer to join a company that offers an excellent environment to continue to develop their skills and gain experience with many new technologies. Our client also offers extensive in-house and external training.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Installing, supporting and maintaining network hardware, including supporting customer VPNs, and dealing with tickets when issues arise
- Working on customer configurations for bespoke services
- Analysing and resolving network faults
- Maintaining accurate network documentation and diagrams
- Providing network advice and support to internal and external customers
- Visiting Data Centres as required
The ideal candidate must have:
- Previous experience in a network administration role
- Experience with dynamic routing protocols (OSPF and BGP)
- Previous experience in a multi-vendor network environment
- Experience of configuring routers, switches, firewalls and/or optical network equipment
The following would be beneficial to your application:
- Internet-facing experience - DDoS mitigation, BGP peering and RIPE database
- Experience with Juniper routers (MX), security products (SRX) and switches (EX)
- A service provider network background (MPLS, QoS, Q-in-Q etc.)
- Linux and/or Windows server networking experience
- Experience of Linux networking software - Netfilter, tc, Quagga, Bird etc.
- Virtualisation and/or Cloud technologies experience (Xen/VMWare/KVM/OpenStack etc.)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Bash/Python/Perl etc.) or orchestration tools (Puppet, Chef etc.)
Due to our client's rural location, you should be able to drive and have access to your own car. Alternatively, our client offers a shuttle bus service from Guildford train station via Godalming.
As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to complete a basic DBS check.
Benefits: discretionary bonus, private healthcare (including dental), life insurance, critical illness insurance, 25 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays, holiday reward scheme, childcare vouchers and many more.
To apply for the role of Network Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Network Administrator, Linux Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Infrastructure Support Engineer, Systems Administrator, Sysadmin, or IT Support Engineer.
Contact Name: Sarah Cann
Job ID: 2809712