Application Support Analyst
The Global Application Support Team sits within the Technology department.
We are a team of systems analyst and software application support specialist who are dynamic, friendly and work very closely as a team and with the wider global technology team.
Provision of second level support for key applications, systems & workflows used by all business areas.
We carry out a variety of work in our team, from incident resolution, partnering with project and programme teams to deliver small and large scale projects.
Could you be our new Support Analyst?
- A proactive and self-motivated team player with a 2.1 degree (or equivalent)?
- Strongly interested in software applications and technical support and committed to developing a career in support.
- Currently working in a support environment and have at least 2 years' experience in reporting, data analysis or other finance functions?
- Good technical skills?
- Attentive, meticulous and careful about the quality of the work you do?
- Able to work towards tight deadlines?
- Able to prioritize your workload depending on the needs of the stakeholders?
- Able to work as part of a team where others' works will affect your works and likewise the quality and timeliness of your work will also affect others?
Your new role:
- Working within the existing technology structure ensuring that all support issues are dealt with in an efficient and expedient manner.
- To provide second line support for publishing, and business critical applications. Provide analysis and specialist technical application skills to aid the maintenance, support and development of key applications supported by the application support team.
- Resolve selected support requests originating from primarily internal customers.
- Identify technical problems, ask the appropriate questions, and gather necessary information to effectively communicate to developers to complete quick resolution of issues and problems.
- Undertake administrative tasks for all supported applications
- Communicate regularly with business users, business analysts and technical staff to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Learn internal business applications, their structure, functionality and technology in detail.