Network Support Engineer
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
My client is looking for a Security Cleared Network Support Engineer/Administrator to join a team in Bonn (Germany). They are looking for someone to start ASAP. English is the only language requirement.
The successful candidate will provide hands-on administration in the following areas under the guidance of the Network Technology Manager:
* Excellent working relations at all levels in English;
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and communicate at all levels;
* Ability to work in an international team;
* Act under the supervision of the Network Technology Manager;
* Reliable execution of assigned tasks;
* Excellent and broad, practical and theoretical knowledge and experience in
* Information and Communication Technology; installation and administration;
* Support to Changes on the Network Architecture (LAN, WAN);
* Support to Changes on the Network Security Architecture (Firewalls, VPN terminators, Mobile and Lan-to-Lan VPN, Security Gateways, Intrusion detection, Spam and Malware filter, etc);
* Support to Changes and Service Requests concerning the Video Conferencing System;
* Support to Changes and Service Requests concerning the VoIP System;
* Cooperate with the wider ICT team in managing, improving and maintaining the
* ICT support service including troubleshooting;
* Manage and maintain ICT system documentation;
* Additional tasks as defined by Network Technology Manager and ICT Section Leader;
* They will contribute to resolving complex and everyday service requests relating to network hardware and software problems and malfunctions;
*Interacting and consulting with customers and contractors; providing guidance, assistance, and follow-up on network related topics and assisting in the implementation of related hardware and software. He/she supervises and coordinates the activities of external workers who provide ICT support;
* Excellent and broad, practical and theoretical knowledge and experience in Information and Communication Technology;
* Extensive knowledge and experience of Networks technology - LAN, WAN and VoIP; Switches, router; especially CISCO components;
* Extensive knowledge and experience of Secure communication - VPN, port Security;
* Extensive knowledge and experience of Network Protocols and Services like DNS, DHCP, SMNP, Radius, OSPF, Quality of service (QoS), etc.;
* Extensive knowledge and experience of Internet technology (Internet, Intranet, Extranet, Firewalls, Proxy, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, etc.)
* Telephone Systems (ISDN, VoIP); Mobile Phones; Mobile Device Management; Video Conferencing Systems and related Protocols; especially Polycom devices;
* System Monitoring and Ticketing systems;
* Basic knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Server 2008 R2; Email
* Systems (Exchange), Virtualisation technology;
* Knowledge and experience of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL);
* Knowledge of SINA technology
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 18 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.