A Software Engineer (Big Data) is required by global organisation in either in their Farnborough or London offices.
As the Software Engineer (Big Data), you will join a dedicated Data team, including Data Scientists, Software Engineers, System Engineers and Human Science practitioners. The work load will be for Defence, Security and commercial customers. The role will require you to provide solutions for cutting edge applications in Big Data, DevOps projects, models for complex systems and Enterprise integration.
What's in it for the Software Engineer (Big Data)?
- An Excellent Salary
- Working for a company with an excellent reputation
- Work with leading edge technologies
- Excellent benefits package including contributory pension, Life Cover, income protection and much more
- Working in a company who invest in their team (including certifications & subscriptions)
- Excellent Career Development opportunities
- You will be working within industry leading teams and people
Essential Skills for the Software Engineer (Big Data):
- Hold or be eligible for SC clearance and willing to gain DV clearance
- Hold a University Degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics subject
- Skilled in at least two of the following languages: Python, Java, R, Scala or C++
- Proven track record of working with data intensive projects
- Experienced and open to working in a variety of domains and programming languages
- Knowledgeable in Open Source techniques and tooling
- Been through full software development lifecycle
Desirable Skills for the Software Engineer (Big Data):
- Experience of Agile or scaled Agile teams.
- Have worked with Linux
- Big Data tool experience such as: Spark, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Apache Storm, Solr etc
- Worked in a DevOps environment
- Skilled in System engineering design and implementation
- Supervision of less experienced technical staff.
Responsibilities for the Software Engineer (Big Data):
- Technical Design and implementation of solutions
- Working with customer technical representatives
- Integrate Open Source components into micro services in both DevOps and prototype style
If you have the essential skills, keen to work as a Software Engineer (Big Data) and wanting to work for a company who invest in their technology and team, then please apply via the link.
Contact Name: Ross Macdonald
Job ID: 2807217