DevOps Egineer (SC Cleared), Azure, AWS, Docker Kubernetes, CI, CD, Microservices, Terraform, Ansible, Cloud, Developer, Developing, Developed, YAML, Bash, Scripting, Continuous Integration,
Our Central Government client based in London are recruiting for a DevOps Engineer. The role requires SC Security clearance.
A DevOps Engineer is required to provide development and operational deliverables and to ensure that application deployment in accordance with continuous integration practices is properly attributed and completed to a sufficient quality.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the following activities and artefacts:
- The catalogue of re-usable infrastructure code artefacts utilised by the development and testing team
- Supporting the project team in enhancing DevOps utilisation and ways of working
- Facilitating the deployment of multiple application releases with increasing frequency to production
- Ensuring that ways of working and proposed solutions comply with business policies
- Liaison with supporting suppliers to make best use of DevOps capabilities
We are currently developing software in a new cloud environment in Azure and are seeking new DevOps engineers. The engineer will form part of an existing team and have experience in Azure DevOps and additional DevOps toolsets.
The project will be utilizing Microservices, Containers (Docker), Kubernetes, Terraform and Azure DevOps Pipelines (YAML) with the target of frequent deployments.
The project also includes an automated test environment therefore any integration automation testing experience would be ideal.
You will have come from a development or infrastructure background with recent relevant AZURE CLOUD experience (Fundamental).
As important as it is to be technically skilled you also need to be an excellent communicator that can articulate technical engineering issuessolutions to both technical and non-technical staff.
The project has recently started therefore you will be steering and guiding the team of developers and testers advocating good DevOps working practices with a DevOps team lead.
Key Skills / Experience
- Minimum 5 Years Azure Cloud Experience
- Minimum 5 years DevOps Cloud Based (CICD experience)
- Minimum 1 year experience with Azure DevOps
- Minimum 1 year experience with Docker
- Minimum 1 year experience with Microservice Deployments
- Any Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker or Azure Certifications
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Ansible
- Understanding and ability to write IAC (Infrastructure AS Code) with the toolsets highlighted (Terraform and Azure Pipelines (YAML))
- Understand GIT Branching methodologies
- Any development skills are a bonus
- Any automation testing skills are a bonus
- Any application packaging experience.
- Appreciation of prototype and design principles of DevOps
- Experience of automation scripting including translations from ARM/JSON templates or Terraform
- Powershell, Azure CLI and Bash Scripting Skills
- Ability to build and deploy Docker Containers
- Ability to leverage Kubernetes to manage container orchestration
- Extensively worked with Configuration systems and automated deployment tools
- Strong understanding of Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment (CI|CD) technologies
- and integrated source control systems exposure (Preferably GIT)
- Strong Infrastructure and Windows background
- Any experience of Linux would be beneficial
- Experience of delivering highly scalable and highly available solutions
- Ability to articulate highly technical solutions in a variety of ways either verbally, presenting them or document format (High Level Design or Low level Design)
- Experience of DevOps tools, IDEs (visual Studio) and source code management (Azure DevOps, GitHub) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of C# and MS Visual Studio experience would be an advantage.
- Follow best practices and coding standards for IAC
- Follow established IAC coding standards within the DevOps team and cascaded from team lead
- Communicate key strategy and reasoning behind technical decisions
- Communicate project progress, timeline and impact of changes to team lead.
- Work with other DevOps engineers to ensure that all the code releases are successful.
- Participate on design and code reviews.
- Enhance the autonomous experience via Azure DevOps
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers, business analysts and Architects) to identify DevOps requirements
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Contribute to building and releasing quality software on time
- Estimate, prioritise, plan and coordinate your work
- You focus on writing clean, well designed and reusable IAC(code).
- Familiarity with automated testing.
- Can work independently and part of a team
Contact Name: James Cook
Job ID: 2806948