|Listed on:||5th March|
|Salary/Rate:||£23,000 - £25,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
IT Support Engineer
Norwich, Norfolk (with some travel to customer sites)
£23,000 - £25,000 DOE Plus Benefits (See Below)
As a respected and long established IT supplier, Onyx IT delivers IT infrastructures and network integration to SMEs. Due to continued success, we are now looking to recruit an IT Support Engineer to join our team in Norwich.
If you have previous experience within a customer-facing technical position and a range of great support skills, this is an excellent opportunity to take your next step with an established, reputable business.
As an IT Support Engineer, you will:
- Provide high quality technical support to both existing and new customers
- Use diagnostic techniques to resolve all technical issues
- Resolve systems and network issues
- Liaise with customers both face-to-face and via the telephone
- Install hardware and software
- Ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Undertake some travel to provide on-site support
Interested? To be considered, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience in a customer-facing, hands-on technical role
- A full, valid driving licence
Experience in the following is also essential:
- Windows server 2008 (+R2), 2012 (+R2), 2016 or 2019
- VMware and Hyper-V
- Exchange Server 2010, 2013, 2016 or 2019
- Windows desktop (7, 8, 8.1 or 10)
- IIS and certificate services
- Active Directory and/or Group Policy
- DNS and/or DHCP
- Wireless technologies
- Basic networking, including firewalls, basic routing and NAT
- VPN technologies
- Telephony solutions
Other organisations may call this role 1st Line Support Engineer, IT Support Analyst, Service Desk Engineer, Helpdesk Engineer, Support Desk Engineer, Network Support Analyst, or Network Support Engineer.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain exposure to a wide range of technologies
- The full support of a consultancy that has over 30 years' experience in IT service delivery
- Pension scheme
- Free lunches
- 20 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (rising with service)
- Take on an important role within a fast-paced environment
- Help to maintain our reputation for high quality service and technical expertise
To apply for the role of IT Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.