|Listed on:||5th March|
|Salary/Rate:||£35,000 - £36,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
QinetiQ Associate Security Engineer Farnborough
At QinetiQ we're dedicated to defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of our customers.
We are a company of over 6,000 dedicated people providing technological and scientific expertise that helps our customers protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
We provide technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests.We provide technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests.Working across every aspect of the life cycle of critical equipment and infrastructure, providing services and products that address our customers' most pressing challenges; our breadth and depth of experience spans many markets and industries.
Role Purpose As part of a dynamic and expanding IT Security Team in a world class global defence and security company, the successful applicant will assist with assuring the confidentiality, availability and integrity of information stored and processed on information technology (IT) systems for which Group IT have responsibility.
* Assisting to deploy, maintain and report on the effectiveness of security controls relevant to QQ's Global IT Estate;
* Assisting to make continuous improvements to the security posture of the IT estate;
* Maintaining a current knowledge of security trends, threats and vulnerabilities;
* Working collaboratively with IT community;
* Investigating and deploying mitigations to known and emerging vulnerabilities;
* Assisting with the assessment of security aspects of future proposed projects;
* Assisting to support key components that comprise of the PKI "Public Key Infrastructure", this includes CA "Certificate Authority" Servers and Thales Hardware Security Modules;
* Assisting to ensure timely creation/application of certificates across all domains on within QinetiQ estate;
* Maintain a level of knowledge on new technologies sufficient to understand their applicability to our customer base and to implement and support them, if appropriate;
* Assist to ensure that PKI / Certificate documentation are well maintained, configuration records for all CA Servers, including records of software version of all equipment and also of all certificates issued by the environments;
* Assist to identify and develop methods and procedures to continuously improve information assurance and data privacy within the current portfolio of solutions, as well as the analysis and remedial work during security incidents;
* Contribute to Group IT's disaster recovery capabilities;
* Develop and maintain knowledge in PKI & Encryption Techniques / Algorithms;
* Develop and maintain knowledge in Cyber Security;
* Keep up-to date with enhancements in Public Key Infrastructure technologies;
* Maintain system security assurance;
* Assist to ensure all cyber security vulnerabilities are prioritised and accordingly remediated;
* Assist to ensure software and hardware patches and updates are applied in accordance with relevant policies;
* Highly motivated individual with a genuine enthusiasm for information security and Technology
* Good infrastructure and technology experience including demonstrable understanding of security operations
* Understanding of Information Security at an academic level and or practical experience of information technology support
* Good communication skills both written and verbal
* Ability to prioritise workloads and to know when to seek guidance
* Technical ability in Microsoft Windows/Active Directory
* Technical ability in networking systems
* Good knowledge of security issues inherent in common corporate environments * Hold UK Security Clearance (or be able to obtain one)
* Experience using Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) toolsets
* Experience identifying and reporting on open source threat intelligence
* Experience with cloud hosting platforms
* Experience of malware analysis
Experience & Qualifications
* Level 6 qualification in IT Security
* 1 year in an Associate IT Security role
We look for outstanding technical people, creative and analytical thinkers, decisions makers, influencers and excellent communicators. Join us today.