|Listed on:||5th March|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is looking for an operations analyst with special skill profile in space and satellite modelling to join the UK team. With a range of near term contracts and a pipeline of new opportunities, this role will cover a wide portfolio of space systems opportunities and include problem solution development and operations analysis evidence generation.
The Space Systems operations analyst will take a strong lead in the development of appropriate models and simulations through to delivery of experimentation and subsequent analysis of UK Defence and government space requirements. The successful candidate would also be expected to interface with external customers where appropriate to ensure alignment during the analytical development phase.
• Lead, manage and develop operations research and integrated experimentation and campaign planning for delivery of evidence based analysis supporting understanding of the space domain.
• Provision of high standards of mathematical operations research activities in support of Ad Hoc projects that arise in the execution of BDUK's current portfolio.
• Support to the wider business by bringing niche experiences of the defence space domain to the Boeing Company operating in the UK.
• Through personal experience and commitment, and utilizing self-driven experimentation and analysis core skills - they will support risk identification/mitigation and negotiation for R&D, advanced product development and new and follow-on business.
• Interfacing with the customer as appropriate during all task phases to understand constraints and requirements that help shape the BDUK offering.
Background in Defence space domain and capability gap amalysis, the candidate should have first hand knowledge of the UK Defence space domain ideally through military service or relevant civil service or industry experience.
It is desirable that the candidate will also have advanced business acumen and some commercial knowledge to support the required Business Case Analysis.
Strong business partnering skills and commercial awareness are required.
Demonstrable skills should also include, high end mathematic background, experience in modelling and simulation of Defence and Government space systems-of systems, written and verbal communication, problem solving, team building, customer awareness and partnering, working in an international environment, experience of large scale programs, business case generation.
Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent in mathematics, computer science or an equivalent domain-related qualification.
The successful candidate will be from a multi-disciplinary background with a proven track record of having demonstrated the key competences listed above.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.