Experience Design at TrueLayer is the place where visionary designers, passionate developers, creative illustrators, dedicated QA testers and methodical PMs work together to build user centred omni-channel journeys. From our APIs interface to our website and developer console - there's no problem that we can't tackle at scale, with intuitive, bold and beautiful design.
We're looking for curious and innovative Full Stack Engineers who love using the latest technologies to solve complex, real-world problems. If you get a buzz from creating solidly-coded, elegant front end product which delights users and contributes to uptake and growth of a disruptive product, we want to hear from you!
In return, we'll give our Full Stack Engineers the opportunity to play a central role in our Developer Experience or User Experience roadmap, a central pillar in our efforts to scale TrueLayer across the world.
Who we are:
At TrueLayer, we build universal APIs that allow companies to access the financial data of their customers and facilitate direct bank payments, securely, reliably and efficiently.
Headquartered in London, we're a small team of talented, creative problem-solvers who are working hard to build the most innovative financial technology possible. To date, we've raised $47M from investors like Tencent, Temasek, Northzone, Anthemis, and Connect Ventures.
Our long term vision is to power the next era of financial innovation, and our short term mission is to grow the Open Banking economy.
And, we're just getting started.
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you will:
- Work in our cross-functional Experience Design team, collaborating with world-class Designers, Engineers and Product Managers;
- Transform graphic mock-ups of new products into beautifully coded Front End product;
- Take ownership of new React components for our Design System and make sure the existing ones are consistent for all the products;
- Work in close collaboration with other product engineering teams to improve the TrueLayer experience for developers and users; this could include building new user stories, testing new features, or providing guidance and advice on engineering architecture to the existing Experience Design team.
- Ensure all of our front-end and back-end features are covered with unit and integration tests;
- Tackle complex user experience problems with a proactive, solutions-driven mindset. You will always be thinking about ways to improve the efficiency of our product offering and development process to ensure a best-in-class experience for clients testing and integrating TrueLayer's APIs.
- Take ownership of engineering decisions, and implementing best practices and processes to build scalable products.
What we need from you:
- Have demonstrable proficiency with ReactJS and its core principles, ideally with 2 or more years of hands-on commercial experience;
- Have a keen eye for good UX;
- Can demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in at least 1 Object Oriented Programming language, ideally NodeJS or C# (.NET Core);
- Have a strong understanding of HTML5/CSS3/SASS;
- Have experience with styled-components;
- Can use data and tools to test your hypothesis, throwing away assumptions when necessary;
- Are able to empathise with users and developers alike, and elevate their voice in internal decision making, helping us build a user-centric culture;
- Are familiar with modern web services and APIs, and love learning about technical solutions;
- Are comfortable dealing with a lot of moving pieces, and can master the ability to prioritise demands;
- Are willing to take ownership over new features and ship with minimal support;
- Have a hacker mentality: you are perfectly capable of understanding cryptography and fixing the coffee machine at the same time;
- Enjoy being part of a small team and are actively thinking of ways to enhance our processes, our internal tools, and the way we work;
- Are always hungry to learn.
Nice to have
- Enjoy and have experience building APIs;
- Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, ElasticSearch, Redis and other modern cloud technologies;
- Previous experience at a high-growth startup;
- Experience with Redux and ImmutableJS.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Clerkenwell
- Team lunches on Friday
- Flexible work and hours - we all work at home, or elsewhere, from time to time ?
- Flexible holiday policy
- Generous parental leave
- An employer sponsored pension
- Vitality Health Insurance from day 1
- Learning & development allowance
- Annual retreat
- Regular socials
- Choice of hardware
- Be your True(Layer) self at work
At TrueLayer, we choose to talk about Inclusion and Diversity [in that specific order] because we believe Diversity won't be successful without Inclusion first.
We value our people. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. And we feel comfortable voicing a contrary opinion. We build teams, cultivate leaders and create a company that's the right fit for every person in it.
As we go global, we want our team to reflect the diverse and multicultural world we live in.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for this job