IT Support Engineer - 2nd & 3rd Line Support
£35000 - £40000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The largest quality furniture retailer in the South East of England is looking to recruit an energetic, well-organised and enthusiastic IT Support and Application Engineer. No need to battle into London as they have been based in Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire for 120 years.
Reporting to Head of IT as an IT Support Engineer you will be:
Supporting from 1st through to some 3rd line issues on their day-to-day IT service desk, includes application support for bespoke EPOS system.
To be suitable for this position it is essential that you have a minimum of 5 years' experience in IT preferably in retail sector, an IT degree or equivalent IT certification, MCSA or MCSE would be an advantage.
You will provide bespoke application and day-to-day IT support for approximately 130 desktop users, logging, and processing IT issues through to a fix resolution and if required escalating any complex queries to third party support vendors.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Day-to-day IT services via IT service desk from 1st line to some 3rd line and escalating some issues to third party vendors
- Supporting and Developing their Swan Retail ERP/EPOS system, SQL, SSRS and PowerBi (Some experience would be advantage with SQL and SSRS, training will be provided)
- Configuration and deployment of new or replacement desktop hardware using MDT/WSUS/WDS
- Setting up new Active Directory user and Office 365 email users
- Supporting AD/Office 365 administrative tasks security groups and email groups
- Upgrading desktop software and applications where necessary
- Duties relating to the creation and maintenance of internal support documentation
- Assisting Head of IT with local and global projects across multiple sites
- Supporting Swan Cygnus Bespoke till systems (Windows embedded) 1st/2nd line and escalating to 3rd line third-party when required
- Microsoft Windows 10 Desktop Support
- Microsoft Office 365 Support and Administration
- Microsoft Windows 2012/2016 Server Administration (ADUC, DHCP, DNS and Security Groups)
- Microsoft Windows Deployment and Updates (WDS, MDT and WSUS)
- Microsoft Excel experience
- EasySoftware Document Management System (Training provided)
- VMware Virtualisation Administration / Veeam backup (Supporting Head of IT)
- Microsoft Exchange Hybrid Administration (Mailbox Administration)
- Active Directory / Azure Active Directory
- Understanding networking concepts (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, Cisco and SonicWALL Firewalls)
- Printing system administration (MFD and Seagull Bartender Label/Barcode System)
An understanding of Microsoft SQL would be an advantage as the successful candidate would become their resident specialist with SQL and reporting along with their bespoke EPOS/POS systems which are built on SQL databases. Training will be available for the successful candidate subject to skills evaluation with SQL.
On offer is an attractive remuneration package and a good work life balance.