Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 27th March 2020
Founded in the early 1980s, The Company is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun!
As part of the family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of their exciting vision - to become the UK's most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
They are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join their IT team at their Head Office.
As a Senior Business Analyst you will lead a small team of Business Analysis activities ensuring that Business Analysts are working effectively so that programmes and projects are all underpinned with clear business cases including problem or opportunity definitions, cost-benefit analysis, clear outcomes, and clearly defined business requirements.
You will lead a small team of Business Analysts, to ensure that there is an effective process and support framework in place to be able to deliver the business change initiatives by creating a tangible definition of what needs to change and mapping this back to the business outcomes defined within the vision and scope of the project.
- Liaise with the business to support the creation of a business case, Cost Benefit Analysis & Recommendations
- Plan and conduct workshops and facilitation sessions to capture requirements, process Mapping/Process Re-engineering activities
- Capture and document requirements ensuring traceability and business prioritisation, liaising with the business and project sponsor to reach requirements sign off
- Document to include Business Functional & Non Functional requirements in-line with agreed templates and tools. Have the ability to understand and map ‘As Is' and ‘To Be' business processes.
- Liaise with broader team to establish and work through gaps as identified with the functional and technical spec and update requirements as required to reflect these ensuring full version control
- Review and approve functional specifications to ensure they meet business requirements, conducting gap analysis and liaising with key business stakeholders to manage delivery expectations
- Raise any request for change as identified throughout the project & support with the impact of change on the business
- Attend financial review sessions to Provide detail and support
- Keep up-to-date with the market place to seek opportunities to drive process improvements and efficiencies within the wider business
- Research and utilise existing contacts and continue to grow network to support innovation and best practice
- Strong appreciation of SDLC and existing and emerging project methodologies and approaches, waterfall and Agile
- Management of the business analyst resource pool, including mentoring the team where required
- Ensure adherence to the business analysis framework, develop/enhance best practices within the B.A function and ensure they are utilised within project delivery, including 3rd party governance where they responsible for requirements delivery within a large scale project
- Liaise with Solution Architect & Technical Architect to provide an effective handover of the Business Requirements for estimation and delivery
- Experience gained leading business analysis in a fast paced retail environment working with business decision makers at all levels.
- Strong knowledge of the Company and the technologies and trends relevant to the specific business unit
- Awareness of SDLC methodologies (e.g. Agile / Waterfall) and good practice within the SDLC lifecycle
- Ability to establish senior level relationships, influence and negotiate
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong commercial awareness and financial acumen with ability to deal with complexity
- Driven and self-motivated
- Collaborative; ability to develop strong relationships within company departments to show great teamwork.
- Confident, sociable and able to interact directly and autonomously with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Personal Effectiveness and strives to develop self
- Facilitation skills
Please click on the APPLY button and you will be REDIRECTED to The Company's careers page to complete your application.